Campy Zonda rear wheel feels... "squirrely"?

lava

Feb 16, 2005
I've got '05 Campy Zonda wheels, and every so often, while pedaling at low speed (less than 10 mph) and turning, the rear wheel feels slightly wobbly. The wheel is true, the spokes are all tensioned correctly, the hub and freehub are all on at their correct tightness, and my tire is inflated to about 5 psi less than its max (125 psi). I do not feel any play in the wheel when I push it back and forth with my hand. So what do you think the problem could be? Am I imagining it?

We have had this one before, search "squirely", it was tyre pressure, too high. How heavy are you?

These wheels are normally perfect. But check your chainstay and your skewers. Make sure everything is tight. :rolleyes:

lava said:
I've got '05 Campy Zonda wheels, and every so often, while pedaling at low speed (less than 10 mph) and turning, the rear wheel feels slightly wobbly. The wheel is true, the spokes are all tensioned correctly, the hub and freehub are all on at their correct tightness, and my tire is inflated to about 5 psi less than its max (125 psi). I do not feel any play in the wheel when I push it back and forth with my hand. So what do you think the problem could be? Am I imagining it?