Campyphiles: Derailleur identification

I queried: http://home.mindspring.com/~lisated/index.html

Please let me know what model it is. I think it was new around 1987.

Andrew Muzi offered:
Record #A010

garry n chimed in:
C-Record

Thank you gentlemen. This Internet thing is, at times, quite useful.

Now if anyone is interested, that shiny little lump is for sale. Barely used at all, and I can offer
more detailed photos to demonstrate that.

--
Ted Bennett Portland OR

<< Please let me know what model it is. I think it was new around 1987.

Last generation C-Record, from about 1987 thru 1991 or so-

>Last generation C-Record, from about 1987 thru 1991 or so-

So how do you tell it from the other gruppos??

jon isaacs

"Jon Isaacs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Last generation C-Record, from about 1987 thru 1991 or so-
>
> So how do you tell it from the other gruppos??

The early C-180 Record #102050 had a solid cage cover over the lower pulley as well as the top one.
This later model is open on the bottom, closed on top. The older outer body plate is in one large
flush plane so it looks "fatter". The later Record #A010 is sculpted and defined a bit so the outer
body plate looks less chunky. The early model limit screws are flush or recessed and you cannot see
the springs around them. The later model's limit screws are Phillips head and can actually be turned
. [The early one required a very thin blade screwwdriver - the kind not common to bicycle shops!]
Both have ball-bearing rollers with the early one held by screws from the front engaging sleeves
from the back. The later model's pulley screws just screw into the cage plate like everthing else.

But the quickest ID - what I saw first - is the script lettering on the late model 1987 changer. The
1985 had the shield logo stamped sideways.

"A Muzi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Jon Isaacs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > >Last generation C-Record, from about 1987 thru 1991 or so-
> >
> > So how do you tell it from the other gruppos??
>
> The early C-180 Record #102050 had a solid cage cover over the lower
pulley
> as well as the top one. This later model is open on the bottom, closed on top. The older outer
> body plate is in one large flush plane so it looks "fatter". The later Record #A010 is sculpted
> and defined a bit so the
outer
> body plate looks less chunky. The early model limit screws are flush or recessed and you cannot
> see the springs around them. The later model's
limit
> screws are Phillips head and can actually be turned . [The early one required a very thin blade
> screwwdriver - the kind not common to bicycle shops!] Both have ball-bearing rollers with the
> early one held by
screws
> from the front engaging sleeves from the back. The later model's pulley screws just screw into the
> cage plate like everthing else.
>
> But the quickest ID - what I saw first - is the script lettering on the
late
> model 1987 changer. The 1985 had the shield logo stamped sideways.
>
> --
> Andrew Muzi http://www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April 1971

Y'all have WAY too much time on your hands.

Mike

jonissacs-<< So how do you tell it from the other gruppos??

The der or other gruppos-lots of little ways. First Gen C-Record had a solid cage plates and
the Campagnolo logo stamped on, later ones had 'Campagnolo' in black. All had white, teeny
bearing pulleys.

Chourus looked different as did Athena of the time. CDA looked like it was from Mars...elegant but
didn't woprk in index mode-

Each gruppo had identifying characteristics that were difrferent from gruppo to gruppo and from year
to year...