Can a 100% polyester jersey be shrunk?

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.soc archive' started by Doug, Apr 16, 2003.

  1. Doug

    Doug Guest

    Hey all,

    I've got a (too large) Pearl Izumi 100% polyester jersey. Any chance it can be shrunk with some sort
    of washing, or substance added to the wash?

    The tag says to wash cold, which leads me to believe washing hot may shrink it.

    Thanks, Doug

    Tags:

  2. Doug

    Doug Guest

    >I've got a (too large) Pearl Izumi 100% polyester jersey. Any chance

    Sorry, wrong group.

  3. Ken

    Ken Guest

    Doug <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    > I've got a (too large) Pearl Izumi 100% polyester jersey. Any chance it can be shrunk with some
    > sort of washing, or substance added to the wash?

    No.

    > The tag says to wash cold, which leads me to believe washing hot may shrink it.

    You may melt it.

  4. Joe Rutledge

    Joe Rutledge Guest

    Eat more; ride less.... soon it will fit!! ;-)

    "Doug" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I've got a (too large) Pearl Izumi 100% polyester jersey. Any chance it can be shrunk with some
    > sort of washing, or substance added to the wash?
    >
    > The tag says to wash cold, which leads me to believe washing hot may shrink it.
    >
    > Thanks, Doug

  5. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    Run it through the dryer a few times.

    Or get someone with a sewing machine to take out part of the side panels (that's about the only place you can remove fabric succesfully).