Can a 100% polyester jersey be shrunk?

Doug

Guest
Hey all,

I've got a (too large) Pearl Izumi 100% polyester jersey. Any chance it can be shrunk with some sort
of washing, or substance added to the wash?

The tag says to wash cold, which leads me to believe washing hot may shrink it.

Thanks, Doug

>I've got a (too large) Pearl Izumi 100% polyester jersey. Any chance

Sorry, wrong group.

Doug <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
> I've got a (too large) Pearl Izumi 100% polyester jersey. Any chance it can be shrunk with some
> sort of washing, or substance added to the wash?

No.

> The tag says to wash cold, which leads me to believe washing hot may shrink it.

You may melt it.

Eat more; ride less.... soon it will fit!! ;-)

"Doug" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hey all,
>
> I've got a (too large) Pearl Izumi 100% polyester jersey. Any chance it can be shrunk with some
> sort of washing, or substance added to the wash?
>
> The tag says to wash cold, which leads me to believe washing hot may shrink it.
>
> Thanks, Doug

Run it through the dryer a few times.

Or get someone with a sewing machine to take out part of the side panels (that's about the only place you can remove fabric succesfully).