Can a middle aged man do pro-cycling?

I think you gotta start somewhere. Maybe you can be a pro or maybe not. You won't know unless you try. If you have tons of talent you can darn near be a professional cyclist. Category 1s and 2s race against pros all the time. Now they may not be World Tour pros but what's "pro" defined as anyway? You wanna get paid to ride? You're better off training 15-20 hours a week and sponsoring yourself. In the meantime, bury yourself in the sport. Find people to ride and race with. Work your way up the category system and eliminate your limiters.

Yes, I agree with your opinion.Doing cycling for about 2-3 hrs a day makes you fit for doing any work and gives you Energy to do hard work for the whole day and keeps you mentally alert.It also reduces excess fat and makes you look slim and confident in life

You sound like a passionate guy. In my opinion, age has nothing to do with cycling. I completely agree with the suggestion of solostar. It will also help you keep feet and it is scientifically proved that cycling is beneficial to knee and joints. You can continue your passion of cycling at this age. So, you can surely give it a try.

I'm not sure I understand it when people say that age as nothing to do with cycling, because surely it has? If it didn't, you wouldn't get professional cyclists retiring from competing at a certain age. While I'm sure you can be a pro cyclist at any age you want, surely the whole point of being a pro, is so you can compete with the best?

At that age I just don't think that's possible, but I hope I'm proven wrong. If I am, at least then I'll know there's hope for me too!

I don't think it's an age thing, as long as you have the endurance, strength, and determination to train and finish a race. It's all about the mind, as long as you know you can do it, your body will reciprocate.

I don't think it's an age thing, as long as you have the endurance, strength, and determination to train and finish a race. It's all about the mind, as long as you know you can do it, your body will reciprocate.

While to a certain extent I agree, as I'd like to think that anybody can achieve anything if they set their mind to it, when it comes to something that requires physical attributes aswell such as cycling does, I'm not sure anything is possible unfortunately.