can anyone do this?

Grant Byrne

Guest
G'day,

I was riding this arvo and after going round a bend and waiting for the other half to catch up i had
an idea. I had to put my foot down to negotiate the bend.

I reckon i could go round the bend faster if i could put my foot down and still pedal with the other
foot. Being clipped in obviously. I don't think i could actually do it and i would probably smack
the inside pedal on something and fly off but has anyone tried and/or mastered this?

I haven't seen any racers doing this, just one of those weird ideas you get when riding.

Grant

"Grant Byrne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> G'day,
>
> I was riding this arvo and after going round a bend and waiting for the other half to catch up i
> had an idea. I had to put my foot down to negotiate the bend.
>
> I reckon i could go round the bend faster if i could put my foot down and still pedal with the
> other foot. Being clipped in obviously. I don't think i could actually do it and i would probably
> smack the inside pedal on something and fly off but has anyone tried and/or mastered this?
>
> I haven't seen any racers doing this, just one of those weird ideas you get when riding.
>
> Grant

This technique is generally used in flat or off camber turns with loose, sketchy dirt. I wouldn't
try to pedal one footed. It is better to keep that pedal at 6 O'clock and weight it to keep the
wheels stuck to the ground in the turn and lower your center of gravity. You would chance catching
the inside pedal on the ground as well. That said I find that I have much better balance if I can
keep both feet on the pedals as much as possible.

Mike