can anyone help me with this question please..

tottenham21

Nov 12, 2011
I know in other posts on here they have talked about what tool to carry in our bikes, but what I would like to know is what sort of bags are best to buy to go under the seat, brand or make and stores that sells them, I have seen a few on performance.com but after reading the reviews they seem to be of poor quality. Any advice or info will be gladly appreciated..

Like everything else, it depends. Excellent bags are made by Arundel, Timbuk2, Topeak, and Jandd. Those four comanies' bags generally get excellent marks. There are of course other bags that may be just as good as bags from the aforementioned four. Go to RoadBikeReview.com and read reviews for saddlebags. Google reviews for the aforementioned companies' bags. Bags aren't a big investment and can be easily sold on eBay iffin' you don't like what you get.

Originally Posted by tottenham21 .

I know in other posts on here they have talked about what tool to carry in our bikes, but what I would like to know is what sort of bags are best to buy to go under the seat, brand or make and stores that sells them, I have seen a few on performance.com but after reading the reviews they seem to be of poor quality. Any advice or info will be gladly appreciated..
How much do you ride your bike?

If you ride a lot every day/week/month/season you will wear out a lot of expensive parts before you wear out even a cheap bag. If you just ride from time to time even a good bag will rot from lack of use.

I put my tools and spare tubes in jersey pockets. Inside of plastic bags. The plastic bags last a couple months - most likely several thousand miles. I cannot imagine a cheap seat bag wearing out very fast.

Now there are other issues. The Velcro might rub against your thighs. Not a lot of fun.

---

Somehow my rain jacket rubbed a hole in my shorts during one ride a couple weeks ago. After 20 years of using that rain jacket. Suddenly something changed and I now have a hole in my shorts. Not all problems that people report are due to the manufacturer.

Thank you all for replying, I will have a look around and buy one of the ones mentioned on here. Because of my job as a long hull truck driver I can only ride my bike on weekends when I'm home and usually try to ride between 20-30 miles each day sat and sun. I just started riding a month ago and thank God haven't experience any sort of pain anywhere yet.:)