Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Can anyone identify this bike???

Started by sabaka · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,687 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
19 January 2006
Last activity
19 January 2006
Original author
sabaka
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,687
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Can someone identify this Specialized Allez? I believe it is a 2001, but which model is it? Specialized.com's archive only goes back to 2002.

    Can anyone tell me some brief specs? I know from another picture it has Ultegra brakes and Ultegra R/D, and the crankset is a double (it appears to be in this pic anyway). The shifters appear to be Ultegra, but I can't be sure as this is the clearest pic I can get of the shifters.

    Any help is appreciated!

    Background: eBay auction - the seller is a chain store, won't take additional pics, and won't respond to email requests for more info.

  2. sabaka said:

    Background: eBay auction - the seller is a chain store, won't take additional pics, and won't respond to email requests for more info.


    Sounds like a scam.

  3. artmichalek said:

    Sounds like a scam.

    agreed, won't give more pics and he took a picture of the non-drive side, so you can't see cranks and der's.

    i can see the left shift cover is coming off, probably been laid down.

    jmac

  4. I can't find this bike on eBay.

  5. It is a national chain store, so i am not worried about it being a scam. They have huge inventories of items and usually act like this about the stuff they are selling. This store in particular is just a drop off place where you can take an item, and they will put it on eBay for you.

    Even if the guy did reply back to my questions, he most likely won't have a clue what he is looking at anyway to correctly answer them.

    I have dealt with these places before, and from my experience, there is not a problem if you know about the item you are purchasing; however, getting additional information from them is next to impossible!

    This item was on eBay a few days ago, and the reserve was not met...I am just hoping the guy relists it. He hasn't yet. I was just going to keep an eye on it if he did, as the last bidding did not get high at all (although I have no idea what the reserve was).

    Anyway...I emailed Specialized customer service the pic, and they got back to me very quickly with a pdf scan of the original brochure!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.