Can anyone recommend a 3-chainring chainguide for my K2 5000 FS bike?

Filhor

Mar 24, 2003
Hi, I have been having a lot of problems with chainsuck on my K2, the type where the chaine sticks to the smallest chainring longer than it should and gets jammed up in the frame. It seems to happen more when the chain gets dirty (stickier), but having perfectly clean and new chain doesn't help it completely. It also tends to happen more when climbing (though it happens sometimes on flats and downhills too). Perhaps when climbing the chain is more slack due to the suspension compressing and so the chain is free to follow the chainring up into the frame?

Anyway, if anyone has a solution to this that doesn't require purchasing a chain tensioner/chainguide, that would be great. Otherwise, could you recommend a chainguide that would solve this problem for me? The K2 5000 I have came with the carbon fiber swingarm, so the chainstay is rather high and it has a large rectangular cross-section, so the chainstay mounted tensioners won't work (at least none I have seen so far).

So I was looking at other types, such as the MRP (though it only accommodates 2 chainrings at most) and also the Montara MTB Heim 3Guide (which seems like the best so far, www.montaramtb.com). Let me know what you think would be best.

Thanks,

Filhor