Can anyone recommend a cheap cycle computer.

Thomas Houseman

Guest
Now I have my Repco bike, I'm after a cheap cycle computer for it.

I don't want much, just speed, max speed, ave. speed, distance covered and
time.

Oh and I don't want it to cost much either.

Cheers,

T.

Thomas Houseman wrote:
> Now I have my Repco bike, I'm after a cheap cycle computer for it.
>
> I don't want much, just speed, max speed, ave. speed, distance covered and
> time.
>
> Oh and I don't want it to cost much either.

Go to Kmart and get a matching Repco speedometer then! The $15 one
gives you current speed, trip time, trip distance, and an odometer. I
believe that the next one up has average/maximum speed, but I mean
really.

Only caveat is that they don't cope well with hot summer sun.

BTH

BT Humble <[email protected]> writes:

> Thomas Houseman wrote:
>> Now I have my Repco bike, I'm after a cheap cycle computer for it.
>>
>> I don't want much, just speed, max speed, ave. speed, distance
>>covered and time.
>>
>> Oh and I don't want it to cost much either.

> Go to Kmart and get a matching Repco speedometer then! The $15 one
> gives you current speed, trip time, trip distance, and an odometer. I
> believe that the next one up has average/maximum speed, but I mean
> really.
>
> Only caveat is that they don't cope well with hot summer sun.

I had a $9.95 speedos from K-mart for a while -- it was hilarious, it
wasn't "hot sun" just "sun" that did mine in. Every time you went out
in bright sunshine the UV would reset the chip back to flashing 88:88:88

Worked fine at night or on an overcast day. Fit for purpose? Saleable
quality? Not likely!

Go to cheap and you'll get what you paid for. It may not work in the
rain, the cold, the hot or the sun, or some combination of those.

> BTH

Adrian

BT Humble said:
Thomas Houseman wrote:
> Now I have my Repco bike, I'm after a cheap cycle computer for it.
>
> I don't want much, just speed, max speed, ave. speed, distance covered and
> time.
>
> Oh and I don't want it to cost much either.

Go to Kmart and get a matching Repco speedometer then! The $15 one
gives you current speed, trip time, trip distance, and an odometer. I
believe that the next one up has average/maximum speed, but I mean
really.

Only caveat is that they don't cope well with hot summer sun.

BTH
Funny you should mention that, just bought one from KMart for $19.95 last week. It's the next one up, so has average & maximum. I only got it really for the odo, as I've got a GPS to do everything else.
Cheap nasty, but seems to do the job. It was 3 degrees this morning, so no danger of hot summer sun at the moment. We'll see how it goes through the summer.

No, I can't recommend a cheap cycle computer. I've had a few cheap ones and they were all cheap. Then I got slightly more expensive ones, and I still have them.

On Jun 17, 3:58 pm, "Thomas Houseman"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Now I have my Repco bike, I'm after a cheap cycle computer for it.
>
> I don't want much, just speed, max speed, ave. speed, distance covered and
> time.
>
> Oh and I don't want it to cost much either.

Aldi sometimes have some good ones (<$20) with lots of functions - but
my experience is that their wired versions are much more reliable than
their wireless versions. That said, my wife's wireless Aldi speedo has
been trouble free.

Tony F

Thanks all, I'll keep my eye out next time I visit K-mart/Aldi.

T.