Can anyone tell me if This bike is worth the asking price, please?

Originally Posted by Nogbad .

I've been searching Craigslist for a new old bike, I prefer the vintage look I guess. I came across the following ad, but this bike is a little beyond my knowledge base. Thanks for any and all opinions.http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/bik/2720391412.html
Bob Jackson frames garner about as much as respect as any frame make can. Bob Jackson frames are in the hallowed hall of great custom bike frames. It's too bad that the components aren't all Campy, but still.......it's gotta a decent spec all the way around. The frame certainly looks worthy in shape. I'd probably offer the seller $600, but I don't think I'd be upset if he held tight at $700. That's a beautiful frame. That's a good find. I would be sure to inspect it closely.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the input. I'll email the seller and see what he has to say. I had thought i had stumbled on to something special, seems I was right.

I'll second the nod on Bob Jackson frames, but it's good that it's a pickup only deal and hopefully you're on the taller side of the height range listed. At 5'10" tall I can't imagine being able to straddle and safely ride a 60cm frame as he states in his ad. Definitely check your fit on the bike before closing the deal.

-Dave