Can Armstrong stay with the attack ?

IH8LANCE said:
The point, which you seem incapable of comprehending, is that the first "attack" by Frank/Contador was a feint. It went nowhere. Armstrong didn't have to pull anyone up with him, because that gap was "bridged" simply by marking tempo. It would have been silly and stupid for Armstrong and Kloden to slow down at that point, which would have accomplished nothing. When Contador went for real, Armstrong/Kloden did not respond. Andy did. And then Frank attempted to bridge the gap, which accomplished nothing except giving the chasers behind him a carrot to chase. If you want to criticize Armstrong for not getting off his bike and having a sandwich the moment that Contador got ahead of him, then be consistent with respect to the Schleck brothers.

man... fools just don't know when to admit when they are wrong.. and especially don't know when to just shut up before the make themselves look even more stupid.. according to you initially there wasn't even a first attack... now there was an initial attack.. LMAO!!

but to the point, Schleck the older and Contador did have a gap.. it was small but they were pulling away... so yes as a team mate Lance literally should have sat right up let the gap get bigger and let someone else fill it... it was even in his interest to do so.. it was stupid for him to fill that gap. he didn't simply just ride into them riding at the same speed as you claim, he accelerated hard to get back on. i mean what do you think, no one else watched the stage and don't realize that you are full of ****?

as for the Schlecks it turned out to be a bad move for Frank to try to get to Andy... bringing Wiggins and Nibali closer to Andy was not a good idea.. but it was a calculated risk and sometimes you have to decide... am i going for the win or am i going for second place... they are obviously going for the win when you look at that move... Andy couldn't do it alone and getting Andy closer to Contador was more important than keeping Wiggins and Nibali farther away. But there is just no rational for what Lance did.

and further to the point, the initial post i was responded to you said that Lance never bridged at all, and all the millions that observed him doing so were out of our minds.. as it turns out it's YOU who was WRONG and you've changed your story without actually admitting your error. but again.. everyone on here are not fools and realizes you've changed your story and it's you who's the fool and even now continues to put his foot further and further down his throat..

here's some advice.. you can take it or leave it.. just squash it.. leave it alone.. you've already made yourself look foolish enough... please stop.. it's was good sport a first but it's become even a bit painful for me to watch.. and a bit tiresome as well..

and yes, i am a Lance hater.. i think he is a jackass. now do you want to tell us just how salty Lance's left nut is? or is it the right one? you'd know that to i guess.

chainstretched said:
Of course Lance can stay with the attack, he's just sandbagging :D

So "sandbagging" is French for sucking in air so hard that his head implodes.

chainstretched said:
Of course Lance can stay with the attack, he's just sandbagging :D

He couldn't stay with the initial acceleration today.
A very select gtoup of Wiggins/the Schlecks/Nibali/Kloden/Contador easily distanced the other climbers on todays climb.

The gap opened so quickly that it was apparent who was able to stay and who wasn't.

I owuld have thought there was one very good reason for Lance ot try to close the gap to Contador/Schleck.

Schlecks not so very far away from Lance. If things go wrong in the next two stages LA could lose his 2nd place to the Schleck. I suspect that in the mountains Conti doesn't need too much support once the road goes up.

Good move on LA's part. He limits his losses to Schleck. Lessens the chances of losing his 2nd place. If Conti falters he's immediately in first place. Good all round risk management. All the rest need to attack LA for that second place. Wiggins is chipping away. A Schleck is chipping away.

:eek:WOW!
How bad does it suck that he is still THE GREATEST TOUR CHAMPION EVER?!!!!!

In what way did the message above the one with big yellow letters contribute anything?????

Wlfdg said:
:eek:WOW!
How bad does it suck that he is still THE GREATEST TOUR CHAMPION EVER?!!!!!

[/COLOR][/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Every heard of Eddy Merckx. Leaves LA for dead. In the tour de france and just about every other race that matters.

The numbers do not appear to agree with you.

Greatest Tour Champion which is whta the original poster you responded to said - LA 7 + 1 3rd place (not withstanding accidents at this point)
Greatest Pro rider ever - EM (5 Tours)

Excellent performance by Lance today. If he had shown this form in the pyrenees, instead of getting dropped by Wiggins, then he would be right up there with Contador at the end. Though Contador would probably still have won. This bolds well for next year.

mitosis said:
Every heard of Eddy Merckx. Leaves LA for dead. In the tour de france and just about every other race that matters.

nonns said:

Greatest Tour Champion which is whta the original poster you responded to said - LA 7 + 1 3rd place (not withstanding accidents at this point)
mitosis, I guess you stand corrected, AGAIN! :D

Repeat after me- LANCE ARMSTRONG IS THE GREATEST TOUR CHAMPION EVER!!!!
LIKE IT OR NOT!

Lance Armstrong has daddy issues and thinks he deserves to cheat to win!!!!111e$#$###!32133

nonns said:

How many times did armstrong win the polka dot jersey? the green? How many times did he win all three?

Wlfdg said:
mitosis, I guess you stand corrected, AGAIN! QUOTE]

Happy to be corrected if i'm wrong. Read the above post.
Maybe you meant to say that armstrong has won the race more times than anyone else. But hell don't let me try putting words in your mouth when you are at fever pitch of excitement.

nonns said:

Read two posts up. If wins were everything the race would have gone to the fast man from the isle of wight.

mitosis said:
How many times did armstrong win the polka dot jersey? the green? How many times did he win all three?

Or when was he asked not to start the TDF by its organisers?

Hint: 1973

When you reach that point, then you know you have become the master :p

knonfs said:
Or when was he asked not to start the TDF by its organisers?

Hint: 1973

When you reach that point, then you know you have become the master :p

I'd forgotten that.

In 73, Merckx did not ride the TDF.
I suppose he wanted to add the Vuelta/Giro double to his palmares instead ! :D