Can bend .064 - 6061 AL sheet metal piece around 22.3mm handlebar for shim anchored w/JB Weld?

"Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Feb 2, 10:17 am, dvt <[email protected]> wrote:

<snip>
> It's hard to tell for sure through all the OPs confusing posts, but I
> believe the OP has a freewheel hub and *doe not* want to convert to a
> freehub. Still, any readily available modern 7SP freewheel and any
> *either* 7SP *or* 8SP STI levers (both available) will be a workable
> solution.

I think the OP has a 1971 Raleigh Grand Prix which would have 120mm
spacing unless he opened it up to 126mm. This could limit his choices in
freewheels.

Chas.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Feb 1, 10:43 pm, A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
> > But almost all bicycles have two brakes and I'm not aware of a serious
> > injury from a cable failure let alone _death_.

> OK-- Everyone who got killed from a brake cable failure, raise their
> hand!!!
>
> <g> couldn't resist.

Which one, right or left?

Chas.

> On 1 Feb 2007 18:03:39 -0800, "ddog" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >John Forrest Tomlinson,
> >
> >You little smart mouth dumbass punk. 8 speed Shimano levers (STI?) may
> >'work' but they are 4.8mm vs the 5mm center to center standard of
> >ergo8 and sti7. You may run .2mm difference off in your sti or ergo,
> >but all I am sticking to is absolutes: like you are a foul mouthed
> >pud. 7 speed STI is not made by Shimano any more. I'm not going to
> >show your dumbass a link either. Take you troll ass and find it
> >instead of talking about things you don't have a clue.
> >
> >And I've already said, I don't care if they did fit. I considered STI
> >from all angles for months and decided to do without. That was until I
> >found out about ergo8 and IRD freewheels. Go hire yourself a reading
> >comprehension tutor for 3rd graders.
> >

> We've had guys in the bike business tell you you're mistaken, but you
> don't want to accept that, and you've weaved and dodged bits of
> nonsense into your comments, sort of trying to backtrack with you
> thing about stuff maybe becoming obsolete in the future with your
> comments about things being obsolete now.
>
> >So bite my ass and quit being a 13 year old zit faced clueless punk.

> I don't criticize other people's writing and grammar very much,
> because I write quite sloppily myself. However, if you're going to
> criticize my English ability, you would do well to learn how to use a
> hyphen when you create compound adjectives, such as you did twice in
> the sentence above.
>
> --
> JT

Can you say "Troll"....

Chas.

On Feb 3, 1:07 pm, "* * Chas" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...> On Feb 2, 10:17 am, dvt <[email protected]> wrote:
> <snip>
> > It's hard to tell for sure through all the OPs confusing posts, but I
> > believe the OP has a freewheel hub and *doe not* want to convert to a
> > freehub. Still, any readily available modern 7SP freewheel and any
> > *either* 7SP *or* 8SP STI levers (both available) will be a workable
> > solution.

> I think the OP has a 1971 Raleigh Grand Prix which would have 120mm
> spacing unless he opened it up to 126mm. This could limit his choices in
> freewheels.

Re-spacing to 126mm is easy enough, BUT, having owned a 1970 Raleigh
Grand Prix (bought new in 1970), I think I'd sooner throw it out a
third floor window (late at night, so no one gets hurt, of course).