Can Hincapie get top 10 at Flanders ?

whiteboytrash

Mar 9, 2005
I think he can but no better than 8th place.... he loves to follow wheels but shows no initiative or is very innovative on the bike.... expect a bore fest from Big George.... Boonen should win the show with his panache and savvy riding skills... Ballan as an outsider or Frank Schleck to lead from the front…

whiteboytrash said:
I think he can but no better than 8th place.... he loves to follow wheels but shows no initiative or is very innovative on the bike.... expect a bore fest from Big George.... Boonen should win the show with his panache and savvy riding skills... Ballan as an outsider or Frank Schleck to lead from the front…

whiteboytrash is correct

whiteboytrash said:
... Frank Schleck to lead from the front…
I don't think he'll be very active in that race. According to cyclingstartlists.com, he won't even start. It looks like O'Grady and Cancellara are CSC's leaders for the flat classics. Surprises are always welcome, ofcourse :).

BTW, the E3Prijs was great racing. Very exciting to watch. But I wonder why Boonen wasn't attacked more in the final kilometers. Sure, they were tired tired and all, but the others must have known that sprinting for the victory against him is kind of useless.

Uhhh...this just in from planet earth.

Discovery Channel Injury Update
Friday, March 30, 2007

"George's form is coming along after breaking his wrist in the Tour of California but since he has not been able to stand out of the saddle for a while he's been a bit limited as to the intensity and variety of terrain he can train on. For a while he was only on his TT bike and had to ride the trainer if the weather was sketchy outside. No use taking risks with debris on the road or slippery surfaces this early in the season. He was going to try and get out of the saddle this week to test himself, but moving forward he is focused on his return to racing at the Tour de Georgia."

Without Hincapie in the race it will be the most exciting he has ever ridden..... :p

You can tell how much I read the Big George Disco **** ! I didn't even know his wrist was still bust from when Basso took him out...

jonjungel said:
I don't think he'll be very active in that race. According to cyclingstartlists.com, he won't even start. It looks like O'Grady and Cancellara are CSC's leaders for the flat classics. Surprises are always welcome, ofcourse :).

BTW, the E3Prijs was great racing. Very exciting to watch. But I wonder why Boonen wasn't attacked more in the final kilometers. Sure, they were tired tired and all, but the others must have known that sprinting for the victory against him is kind of useless.

whiteboytrash said:
You can tell how much I read the Big George Disco **** ! I didn't even know his wrist was still bust from when Basso took him out...

I think it was Tony Cruz that took him out, at least he was in the same crash. Maybe someone else took them both out.

Anyway, he got third last year, so I guess the answer to your question is yes, in fact he outsprinted PVP, Ballan, and Cancellara for the podium spot. I love drama like the Hoste-Hincapie betrayal though.

limerickman said:
Hoste-Hincapie betrayal !!!!!!!!!!
Hyperbole.

Funny enough.... Hoste is a chance on Sunday...... Hincapie would choke on the American pie cooked by his French wife...

whiteboytrash said:
You can tell how much I read the Big George Disco **** !
You're the one who took the time to start a bait thread about a rider who is of no interest to you, thus disproving the theorem that it's impossible to be obsessed and apathetic about the same subject. :rolleyes:

whiteboytrash said:

Haha! You just can't resist the temptation to rub it in the fact of all of the Big George/Disco fans on the forum can you WBT? :D

I totally agree with your observations on his riding ablility! Poor George... never in the right break.

whiteboytrash said:
You were a day late WBT. This should have been posted on old new years day.

lw

whiteboytrash said:
Funny enough.... Hoste is a chance on Sunday...... Hincapie would choke on the American pie cooked by his French wife...

Well Hoste almost did it ! Why do Disco let go of riders like this ? For what ? A clumsy also ran like Hincapie who can't stay on his bike..... once Basso gets outed due to OP we'll all wonder what the fuss was about....

whiteboytrash said:
Well Hoste almost did it ! Why do Disco let go of riders like this ? For what ? A clumsy also ran like Hincapie who can't stay on his bike..... once Basso gets outed due to OP we'll all wonder what the fuss was about....

Almost winner = loser. He loses with panache though - that's for sure.

Anyway, Hoste wanted out, he didn't want a matching salary from Disco, so they said "vaarwel". DSC plays pretty smart with its money.

I suspect they keep Hinc around just for laughs.

OK, I'll say it now: Davis takes Ghent-Wevelgem on Wednesday.