Can I Ask You a personal question?

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by mareblu, Jul 19, 2005.

1. BomoSammo

BomoSammo New Member

Hey Snyper,
    Me too . . . cancer survivor, that is - it's about the only thing that I have in common with LA ! :)
    Have you been in remission for long?
    Cheers,

Paul

2. mareblu

mareblu New Member

o c'mom Paul, don't you find yourself also charming???? ;)

3. BomoSammo

BomoSammo New Member

Fortunately, or unfortunately as the case may be, I have been off work ill since last November and am happily now recuperating by the sea on the South Coast of England - so I missed the first hand experience but certainly knew more about what was going on through BBC News 24 than friends of mine who were travelling in around that time.
    I'm not at all surprised about the terrorist attack.
    Whilst of course the suffering of the dead and injured and their families is a dreadful, dreadful thing for them to go through and my thoughts and condolences go out to them there is a general underground feeling of "Is that the 'best' they (the terrorists) could do?".
    For the amount of planning they had done you would have thought that they would have knocked out Victoria/Paddington/London Bridge stations as well and, worse still, used poison gas instead of just normal explosives - that's certainly what our emergency services had been planning to deal with.
    I had a frantic few hours trying to locate my ex and my London flatmate who both travel through that area at that time of day.
    My ex was asking me what was happening as she was being evacuated out of the tube and was off to catch a bus . . . I then had to try and get hold of her again and tell her to get off of any bus that she had been able to catch !
    They were both safe and well.
    Having been exposed to the IRA bombings of Harrods, the Baltic Exchange and Canary Wharf etc I hate to say it (and I can't speak for anyone else) but I get a little blase about these things - not morbidly so, just fatalistically, if it's going to happen and your number's up, then it's going to happen.
    The story is now off of the front page, people are back to work as normal, the delays in the affected areas of tube track are not dissimilar to any normal day on our delapidated system.
    So life, for those not involved, is getting back to normal.

Paul

4. spockroyaltea

spockroyaltea New Member

right now i'm a college student. i guess the ultimate goal is to become a lawyer, but who knows?! amateur cyclist for life.

5. BomoSammo

BomoSammo New Member

I certainly am ;) . . . but charming is not a quality of LA's that gets reported in the UK.
    Driven/arrogant/single minded/dictatorial/grudge bearer/Mother fixated (just look at how similar his ex and Shezza look to his Mother) - they are the usual picture we get of the Lone Star hero in this country.

6. BomoSammo

BomoSammo New Member

Do you mean Fordingbridge?
    Some great country pubs, and their Fire Station Crew organise a great 10k run in late Spring - normally best to accomplish the latter prior to enjoying the former (just to take my post even more off-topic !).

7. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Fordingbridge : sorry, you're correct.
    Yeah, it's north of Bournemouth and about halfway (if I remember correctly) along the road to Salisbury.

Yeah, i try not to mix alcohol and cycling !

8. Jupiler

Jupiler New Member

I'm an IT support agent for a huge American company near the Brussels airport. As I'm living in a historically cycling nut country I go to work everyday on my bike (also 'cause i can't afford a car just yet...:D )

9. cuervo

cuervo New Member

Hi,

I'm software development engineer and project leader (Unix, database, communications, transactional monitoring, etc.) at a large Bank in Mexico.

I ride 6 days a week, 1.5 hours from Tuesday to Friday and 3:00 to 4:00 hours at week ends. I rest Mondays. Total of 300 - 400 Kms per week. I love this stuff.

10. mareblu

mareblu New Member

Grrrrrrrreat! wish I could see it over there. Good for U!

11. mareblu

mareblu New Member

Thank you Paul for yuor insight. I wish you a fast and healthy recovery. ;)

12. mareblu

mareblu New Member

Que bien por ti Cuervo. Eres el segundo ciclista que conozco que vive en Monterrey y escribe en estos foros. Nada mal 300 a 400 kms por semana. QUe barbaro!!!! que bicicleta tienes?????
    Gracias por tu respuesta....y el cuervo es una marca de tequila? ;)

13. cuervo

cuervo New Member

Woow!!! tu español es EXCELENTE!!! felicidades. El kilometraje es porque compito a nivel estatal y entreno todos los días. Tengo una Trek 2300 pero estoy viendo a irme por una 5900 o una Look 481. ¿Tu que bicicleta tienes? ¿porque hablas tan buen español? Lo de Cuervo era mi equipo anterior, ahora estoy en uno mucho mejor que se llama Bike Zone.

14. mareblu

mareblu New Member

Hola otra vez. Bueno te cuento rapidito, naci en Caracas Venezuela en donde me crie' aunque tambien vivi en Italia de donde son mis padres. Ahora vivo en los Estados Unidos y por eso tengo que, necesariamente hablar ingles. Oye que chevere tus bicicletas. Yo tengo una FELT60, una Casati Sphera y dos Treks una de ruta y una de mtb Trek5000. Me encanta este deporte y soy super fanatica de muchos atletas empezando por el Armstrong.
    Tengo un foro de ciclismo en univision.com. Te invito para que vengas a conocernos, la mayoria hablamos castellano: miralo aqui ===> http://foro.univision.com/univision/board?board.id=ciclismo

Desde mas de un año que Univision abrio' el foro y he tratado de buscar a ciclistas que hablaran español para poder compartir todo lo que se refiere ciclismo de ruta y el ciclistmo en general. Espero te inscribas y participes con nosotros, tenemos personas de todos los tipos nacionalidades y gustos.

Un placer conocerte,

Mareblu
    [email protected]

15. cuervo

cuervo New Member

Gracias!!! te busco en el foro ...

16. mareblu

mareblu New Member

Tienes Messenger de Yahoo o Hotmail digo para ver si coincidimos????

17. cuervo

cuervo New Member

:( No, estoy atrás de Firewalls que filtran esas conexiones, pero ya charlaremos por mail ¿te parece?

18. mareblu

mareblu New Member

ok, si no me ves por estos lados es porque ando en los foros de univision.
    chau y happy riding!!!!!!! (ya te deje' mi email ;) )

19. cuervo

cuervo New Member

Gracias, te escribo después de la comida ¿Ok? (aqui son las 2:00 PM :) )

20. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Mi dispasio.Non lo so.
    I am whipping boy to the world but by day I am an HR director and risk manager and fight the forces of evil.
    You know, attorneys and insurance companies. I had to do something since I can't get back to my home planet of Krypton.