Can I fit a Campag BB/chainset to otherwise Shimano drivetrain?

TTer

Jun 16, 2003
The subject line says it all: I want to fit a Campag BB and Campag chainset (cranks & chain rings) to a bike that is otherwise equipped with Shimano Ultegra. Can I do it? Can I keep the Shimano chain, shimano front & rear derailleur and shimano cassette?

I know the Campag chain ring BCD differs from Shimano but I would be replacing the whole chainset.

Are they compatible?

Originally posted by TTer
The subject line says it all: I want to fit a Campag BB and Campag chainset (cranks & chain rings) to a bike that is otherwise equipped with Shimano Ultegra. Can I do it? Can I keep the Shimano chain, shimano front & rear derailleur and shimano cassette?

I know the Campag chain ring BCD differs from Shimano but I would be replacing the whole chainset.

Are they compatible?
Yes

You can also use anybody else's crank and anybody else's compatable BB. You might get a little better shifting with a Campy FD in your case but your Ultegra FD will work fine.

Originally posted by DiabloScott
You can also use anybody else's crank and anybody else's compatable BB. You might get a little better shifting with a Campy FD in your case but your Ultegra FD will work fine.
A campy FD may not even work with the Ultegra front shifter, but an untegra FD WILL work with with a campy front shifter.