Can I get bike selling advice?

zburke11

Mar 13, 2013
I'm not sure where to post a question like this so I thought this thread sounded the closest. I have no clue what to ask for bike prices and I have a 2006 Felt F75 in almost perfect condition. Probably needs a tune up and it has a few tiny scratches but nothing noticeable. I would guess less than 100 miles on it to be honest. Considering getting a newer bike and thought I'd see what I could possibly ask for this one. Sorry if this is the wrong forum. And thanks for any help!

What size?

105/Ultegra mix?

56 CM or thereabouts...maybe $700-$800. 52 CM or 62 CM, not so much.

Cruise Ebay/Craiglist to get a market spread. Toss the high end 'it only takes one idiot' prices looking for a sucker. That should give you a feel for current value. Always remember that your local market pricing may be much lower or higher than another region's.

I'm pretty sure it is 105 ultegra and about 57 or 58. I don't currently have it in my posession. I'm considering selling it and getting a 2013 cannondale caad8. Any thoughts on whether I should just stick with the felt?

Are you a rider or a trader? If a trader, not a very good one because you're going to lose considerable money on the deal. Regardless of condition, used bikes lose value from loss of warranty and dealer support for second owners.

If the bike fits, ride it. 2006 Ultegra and 105 are excellent drivetrains and the Felt aluminum F frame is a classic--zippy without being overly harsh or nervous. Any gains frorm the CAAD8 will be marginal at best.

Then, with a few thousand miles and a year or two under your belt, you'll understand what you like and get a really worthwhile upgrade--say an F2, a SuperSix, or a CAAD10.

Originally Posted by zburke11 .

I'm pretty sure it is 105 ultegra and about 57 or 58. I don't currently have it in my posession. I'm considering selling it and getting a 2013 cannondale caad8. Any thoughts on whether I should just stick with the felt?
I'd say stick with the Felt. The CAAD 8 is what we call a lateral move in my line of work. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Rider. And a fairly new one at that. I have an idea as to whats a good deal and considering I paid $400 for that F75 two years ago I knew that was a good deal :) It is a little short on me since I'm 6'2" and it's a 56 or 57. But still doable! I appreciate the help and ideas. I honestly just didn't know what to do, but was considering keeping the felt and just maybe adjusting some things on it? Any ideas there?

I'm 6' 1" and a 56 x 56 can work for me. Depending on the geometry of the Felt you may get it dialed in. You might ride it in to a couple of the local shops and let them eyeball you on the bike. Every body is different and sizing and position trends have changed over the years.

It might only take a longer stem and shifting a few spacers to get it close. It might take a setback seat post or longer seat post. It may just be too small, too. You say it is "doable" so I would take it in for a couple of opinions or perhaps a complete fitting session.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

I'm 6' 1" and a 56 x 56 can work for me. Depending on the geometry of the Felt you may get it dialed in. You might ride it in to a couple of the local shops and let them eyeball you on the bike. Every body is different and sizing and position trends have changed over the years.

It might only take a longer stem and shifting a few spacers to get it close. It might take a setback seat post or longer seat post. It may just be too small, too. You say it is "doable" so I would take it in for a couple of opinions or perhaps a complete fitting session.
PLUS, consider longer cranks unless they are already 175mm ...

I suggest you find out exactly what you have and find out exactly what you need before making any more mistakes. A 56 sounds too small for 6'2".