CAN I GET COVERAGE FOR THIS

Aha09

Guest
I was fully covered by a health plan, i had an injury that was covered by the plan, the doctor needs
to see me to take a look at the injury, but i am no longer covered by the plan or any plan. can i go
to the plan and claim that this injury is still covered by the plan?

On 2004-02-19 18:12:39 -0500, [email protected] (aha09) said:

> I was fully covered by a health plan, i had an injury that was covered by the plan, the doctor
> needs to see me to take a look at the injury, but i am no longer covered by the plan or any plan.
> can i go to the plan and claim that this injury is still covered by the plan?

I wouldn't think so. Once you're no longer covered, you're no longer covered. Unless you have a
very, very unusual insurance company. Good luck.

"aha09" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was fully covered by a health plan, i had an injury that was covered by the plan, the doctor
> needs to see me to take a look at the injury, but i am no longer covered by the plan or any plan.
> can i go to the plan and claim that this injury is still covered by the plan?

If you recently lost coverage from or through your employer and the coverage because you lost or
otherwise left your job in the last so many days, you have about some many days to renew the policy
(if the company has more than a certain number of employees).

I think so many days is 60, but you can find out by searching for COPPA and health insurance
on the web.

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:21:05 -0500, "Jeff" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"aha09" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> I was fully covered by a health plan, i had an injury that was covered by the plan, the doctor
>> needs to see me to take a look at the injury, but i am no longer covered by the plan or any plan.
>> can i go to the plan and claim that this injury is still covered by the plan?
>
>If you recently lost coverage from or through your employer and the coverage because you lost or
>otherwise left your job in the last so many days, you have about some many days to renew the policy
>(if the company has more than a certain number of employees).
>
>I think so many days is 60, but you can find out by searching for COPPA and health insurance
>on the web.

Try COBRA instead.

"PF Riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:21:05 -0500, "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >"aha09" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> I was fully covered by a health plan, i had an injury that was covered by the plan, the doctor
> >> needs to see me to take a look at the injury, but i am no longer covered by the plan or any
> >> plan. can i go to the plan and claim that this injury is still covered by the plan?
> >
> >If you recently lost coverage from or through your employer and the
coverage
> >because you lost or otherwise left your job in the last so many days, you have about some many
> >days to renew the policy (if the company has more
than
> >a certain number of employees).
> >
> >I think so many days is 60, but you can find out by searching for COPPA
and
> >health insurance on the web.
>
> Try COBRA instead.

Right. COPPA are the laws that protect kids on the internet. COBRA is correct. Oopsie.

Jeff