  1. Aha09

    Aha09 Guest

    I was fully covered by a health plan, i had an injury that was covered by the plan, the doctor needs
    to see me to take a look at the injury, but i am no longer covered by the plan or any plan. can i go
    to the plan and claim that this injury is still covered by the plan?

    Tags:

  2. Anon

    Anon Guest

    On 2004-02-19 18:12:39 -0500, [email protected] (aha09) said:

    > I was fully covered by a health plan, i had an injury that was covered by the plan, the doctor
    > needs to see me to take a look at the injury, but i am no longer covered by the plan or any plan.
    > can i go to the plan and claim that this injury is still covered by the plan?

    I wouldn't think so. Once you're no longer covered, you're no longer covered. Unless you have a
    very, very unusual insurance company. Good luck.

  3. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "aha09" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I was fully covered by a health plan, i had an injury that was covered by the plan, the doctor
    > needs to see me to take a look at the injury, but i am no longer covered by the plan or any plan.
    > can i go to the plan and claim that this injury is still covered by the plan?

    If you recently lost coverage from or through your employer and the coverage because you lost or
    otherwise left your job in the last so many days, you have about some many days to renew the policy
    (if the company has more than a certain number of employees).

    I think so many days is 60, but you can find out by searching for COPPA and health insurance
    on the web.

  4. Pf Riley

    Pf Riley Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:21:05 -0500, "Jeff" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"aha09" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> I was fully covered by a health plan, i had an injury that was covered by the plan, the doctor
    >> needs to see me to take a look at the injury, but i am no longer covered by the plan or any plan.
    >> can i go to the plan and claim that this injury is still covered by the plan?
    >
    >If you recently lost coverage from or through your employer and the coverage because you lost or
    >otherwise left your job in the last so many days, you have about some many days to renew the policy
    >(if the company has more than a certain number of employees).
    >
    >I think so many days is 60, but you can find out by searching for COPPA and health insurance
    >on the web.

    Try COBRA instead.

  5. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "PF Riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:21:05 -0500, "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >"aha09" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> I was fully covered by a health plan, i had an injury that was covered by the plan, the doctor
    > >> needs to see me to take a look at the injury, but i am no longer covered by the plan or any
    > >> plan. can i go to the plan and claim that this injury is still covered by the plan?
    > >
    > >If you recently lost coverage from or through your employer and the
    coverage
    > >because you lost or otherwise left your job in the last so many days, you have about some many
    > >days to renew the policy (if the company has more
    than
    > >a certain number of employees).
    > >
    > >I think so many days is 60, but you can find out by searching for COPPA
    and
    > >health insurance on the web.
    >
    > Try COBRA instead.

    Right. COPPA are the laws that protect kids on the internet. COBRA is correct. Oopsie.

    Jeff