General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Can I make Tahini?

Started by Jude · · Last activity · 5 posts · 345 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
17 January 2006
Last activity
18 January 2006
Original author
Jude
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
345
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm out of tahini, ands I rtoasted up more eggplant than I need for the
    yummy penne with egg[lant and ricotta recipe someone posted a few weeks
    ago.......I though I would make some babaghanoush with the extra
    eggplant, but I seem to be all out of tahini. Anyone ever made it
    before by pulverizing sesame seeds in a food processor or mortar and
    pestle or something? I'm flying by the seat f my pants
    here....otherwise the leftover eggplant will end up in a pasta salad, I
    guess.

  2. http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=%2Btahini+%2Brecipe&sm=Yahoo%21+Search&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8

    Search done on Yahoo.

    Lynne

    "Jude" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm out of tahini, ands I rtoasted up more eggplant than I need for the
    yummy penne with egg[lant and ricotta recipe someone posted a few weeks
    ago.......I though I would make some babaghanoush with the extra
    eggplant, but I seem to be all out of tahini. Anyone ever made it
    before by pulverizing sesame seeds in a food processor or mortar and
    pestle or something? I'm flying by the seat f my pants
    here....otherwise the leftover eggplant will end up in a pasta salad, I
    guess.

  3. Jude said:

    eggplant, but I seem to be all out of tahini. Anyone ever made it
    before by pulverizing sesame seeds in a food processor or mortar and
    pestle or something?

    Yep. I've done it in a blender. Add a trickle of oil as you blend
    until it becomes the consistency of thick peanut butter.

    serene

  4. Thanks for the help.......but actually, i ended up using the roasted
    eggplant on sandwiches for lunchboxes, with a black olive / garlic
    tapenade and some leftover balsamic pearl onions. They went in
    lunchboxes alongside some fresh peanut butter - choc chip cookies.

  5. Thanks for the help.......but actually, i ended up using the roasted
    eggplant on sandwiches for lunchboxes, with a black olive / garlic
    tapenade and some leftover balsamic pearl onions. They went in
    lunchboxes alongside some fresh peanut butter - choc chip cookies.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.