can I post a bike for sale in here?

ric

Guest
....or is that a little rude?
I had my excellent Edinburgh Bike Revolution Courier Nexus nicked by
some toerag recently, and the insurance is paying out by....supplying
a Ridgeback Nemesis in "large". I've already bought a replacement as
I commute on my bike and so this is surplus to requirements. Got to
love those 8 speed gear hubs and hub brakes for a commuter...

if this is a little rude then do tell me and I'll shut up. If not
then ask for details (swap publicmail for home on the email!)...

Ric

ric wrote:
> ...or is that a little rude?
> I had my excellent Edinburgh Bike Revolution Courier Nexus nicked by
> some toerag recently, and the insurance is paying out by....supplying
> a Ridgeback Nemesis in "large". I've already bought a replacement as
> I commute on my bike and so this is surplus to requirements. Got to
> love those 8 speed gear hubs and hub brakes for a commuter...
>
> if this is a little rude then do tell me and I'll shut up. If not
> then ask for details (swap publicmail for home on the email!)...

If it is a one off then it is probably ok.
You would be better going to ebay though.

I cycling is your only method of commuting then you would
probably be better off keeping the other one as a spare.

Martin.

On 18 Jul, 23:38, Martin Dann <[email protected]> wrote:
> ric wrote:
> > ...or is that a little rude?
> > I had my excellent Edinburgh Bike Revolution Courier Nexus nicked by
> > some toerag recently, and the insurance is paying out by....supplying
> > a Ridgeback Nemesis in "large". I've already bought a replacement as
> > I commute on my bike and so this is surplus to requirements. Got to
> > love those 8 speed gear hubs and hub brakes for a commuter...

> > if this is a little rude then do tell me and I'll shut up. If not
> > then ask for details (swap publicmail for home on the email!)...

> If it is a one off then it is probably ok.
> You would be better going to ebay though.
>
> I cycling is your only method of commuting then you would
> probably be better off keeping the other one as a spare.
>
> Martin.

Ta - shall put it on t'bay. I'm trying to minimise car commuting so
I do have an alternative, but I do like my 15 mile bike to work at
least a couple of times a week. Weirdly it's not all that much slower
than driving and seeing as work have been nice and built new posh
changing facilities/showers etc I've no real excuse for not using
them!

Ric