Can i Return MY BIKE for a refund in UK??

mannygill

Nov 22, 2007
Hi Guys,

I bought a Hybrid Cannondale C3 Adventure in May this year From Edinburgh Co-Op Bikes (I only had this for 7 months), ive had a number of problems:

1, rear derailleur replaced under warranty

2, rear wheel needed tru-ing twice

3, headset needed loosening as it was stiff.

4. not able to get hire gears, cables needed replacing

Currently

1, in for pedals need altering as they are squeeking

2, disc brakes needs altering as they are touching brakes.

I mainly ride on a canal toe path everyday to work and do 100 miles per week..and is this hybrid bike ok for riding on a rough muddy path area..? am i able to get a refund or exchange as im not happy i was sold the right bike?

What would I need to say to bike shop for a refund or exchange??

thanks

Sounds about like normal wear and tear to me, and perhaps a few adjustments (headset tightness). Wheels need truing, brakes need adjusting, things start to squeak when the need to be lubricated. Most shops would recommend you taking it in about 2x per year for basic adjustments similar to those you mention.

yeah i totally agree with kk. i think that you could do with learning to do these little things yourself as it would probably save you a bit of cash over the course of the year. as your using a hybrid on a canal path, its not the smoothest of surfaces the be riding on at the best of times so things will work loose and need adjusting. if the only use of the bike is on this sort of surface then you might want to enquire on something a little more durable