Can I step it up?

RockFish73

Guest
I just realized that i have been working out regularly for four years.
I train with free weights and perform all of the basic bodybuilding
excercises. Initially i got good gains but now they come hard and slow.
I know i dont intake nearly enough calories. I am a picky eater. Also,
for the most part i do not do any supplimentation, protein or
otherwise. Now i find myself getting serious about getting bigger. I am
currently 5'10" 160lbs. I would like to be 185-190lbs with a bodyfat of
around 15%. If i were to significantly up my calorie intake and ensure
that i take in adequate amounts of protein (1-1.5g per lean lbs of
bodyweight), is it possible to gain the size and enhance my physique?
By the way I am a 32 yr old male.

TheBillRodgers

Guest
On 1 Dec 2005 11:16:04 -0800, "RockFish73" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I just realized that i have been working out for four years.

WOW! Aren't you tired? I get tired after an hour or so.

wrote:

>I just realized that i have been working out for four years.

WOW! Aren't you tired? I get tired after an hour or so.

TheBillRodgers

Guest

I have, but frankly, it tastes like ****.

wrote:

>NO stamina- try drinking whale urine

I have, but frankly, it tastes like ****.

Guest
Uh..duh..what did you think it would taste of? your Mothers squirting
juice...Hi Ho

Guest
Uh..duh..what did you think it would taste of? your Mothers squirting
juice...Hi Ho

RockFish73

Guest
thanks for making a mockery of my serious topic. grow up already.

TheBillRodgers

Guest
On 1 Dec 2005 12:06:09 -0800, "0901453765" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Uh..duh..what did you think it would taste of? your Mothers squirting
>juice.

No, my mothers squirting juice tasted like *****. Er, I mean, not that
I'd know...

/ ~ \
|\__/
| |
| . |
| `.` |
__| `` | `.` |/~~\
/ | | | `` |/~~\
\ ` . . | |
\ . . ` /
\ . . /
\ . /
| . |
| |
| |

Dally

Guest
RockFish73 wrote:

> thanks for making a mockery of my serious topic. grow up already.

I don't know who you're replying to, which means my killfile is working
because I didn't actually see ANY replies to you. (There is quite a bit
of discussion going on here about why you need a good killfile.)
Failing that, it's useful to know who the trolls are. Can't you spot a
troll?

But to answer your question, yes, if you eat more and lift smarter you
can gain mass, even at the age of 32. It's sort of a dumb question so I
can see why no one answered it. I mean, you know the answer, too.

What struck me in your question was the tone of making excuses for why
you are like you are, i.e., that you're a picky eater and won't do
supplements. I think it's important to be aware that you're going to
have to change if you want to change.

Aside from that comment, the only other thing I'd mention is that you
should look into hypertrophy specific training. I believe it's
important to change your routine completely from time to time if you
want to keep the gains coming.

Dally

Dally

Guest
RockFish73 wrote:

> thanks for making a mockery of my serious topic. grow up already.

I don't know who you're replying to, which means my killfile is working
because I didn't actually see ANY replies to you. (There is quite a bit
of discussion going on here about why you need a good killfile.)
Failing that, it's useful to know who the trolls are. Can't you spot a
troll?

But to answer your question, yes, if you eat more and lift smarter you
can gain mass, even at the age of 32. It's sort of a dumb question so I
can see why no one answered it. I mean, you know the answer, too.

What struck me in your question was the tone of making excuses for why
you are like you are, i.e., that you're a picky eater and won't do
supplements. I think it's important to be aware that you're going to
have to change if you want to change.

Aside from that comment, the only other thing I'd mention is that you
should look into hypertrophy specific training. I believe it's
important to change your routine completely from time to time if you
want to keep the gains coming.

Dally

Hugh Beyer

Guest
On 1 Dec 2005 13:15:45 -0800, "RockFish73" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>thanks for making a mockery of my serious topic. grow up already.

/ ~ \
|\__/
| |
| . |
| `.` |
__| `` | `.` |/~~\
/ | | | `` |/~~\
\ ` . . | |
\ . . ` /
\ . . /
\ . /
| . |
| |
| |

Charles

Guest
On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:16:00 -0500, Dally <[email protected]> wrote:

>RockFish73 wrote:
>
>> thanks for making a mockery of my serious topic. grow up already.

>I don't know who you're replying to, which means my killfile is working
>because I didn't actually see ANY replies to you. (There is quite a bit
>of discussion going on here about why you need a good killfile.)
>Failing that, it's useful to know who the trolls are. Can't you spot a
>troll?

You are "trolling" again Dolly, and inviting response.

>But to answer your question, yes, if you eat more and lift smarter you
>can gain mass, even at the age of 32. It's sort of a dumb question so I
>can see why no one answered it. I mean, you know the answer, too.
>
>What struck me in your question was the tone of making excuses for why
>you are like you are, i.e., that you're a picky eater and won't do
>supplements. I think it's important to be aware that you're going to
>have to change if you want to change.
>
>Aside from that comment, the only other thing I'd mention is that you
>should look into hypertrophy specific training. I believe it's
>important to change your routine completely from time to time if you
>want to keep the gains coming.

A little knowledge is dangerous.

RockFish73

Guest
Actually it is not a dumb question. The reason why I am concerned at
this point as to whether I can gain a significant amount of muscle mass
is due to the fact that I know quite a few weightlifters (natural) who
have been lifting for years and have a hard time gaining any muscle
mass at all. That phase when you just start lifting weights is
beautiful when you see gains on a weekly and monthly basis. After this
honeymoon phase the gains are much harder to come by. I just wanted to
know whether could I expect strong gains at this point with a change in
my diet.

Dally

Guest
RockFish73 wrote:
> Actually it is not a dumb question. The reason why I am concerned at
> this point as to whether I can gain a significant amount of muscle mass
> is due to the fact that I know quite a few weightlifters (natural) who
> have been lifting for years and have a hard time gaining any muscle
> mass at all.

If you do the same things you should expect the same results.

> That phase when you just start lifting weights is
> beautiful when you see gains on a weekly and monthly basis. After this
> honeymoon phase the gains are much harder to come by.

True, but hard isn't impossible.

> I just wanted to
> know whether could I expect strong gains at this point with a change in
> my diet.

I'd say you'd need to change your diet AND your lifting r