Can I step it up?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by RockFish73, Dec 1, 2005.

  1. RockFish73

    RockFish73 Guest

    I just realized that i have been working out regularly for four years.
    I train with free weights and perform all of the basic bodybuilding
    excercises. Initially i got good gains but now they come hard and slow.
    I know i dont intake nearly enough calories. I am a picky eater. Also,
    for the most part i do not do any supplimentation, protein or
    otherwise. Now i find myself getting serious about getting bigger. I am
    currently 5'10" 160lbs. I would like to be 185-190lbs with a bodyfat of
    around 15%. If i were to significantly up my calorie intake and ensure
    that i take in adequate amounts of protein (1-1.5g per lean lbs of
    bodyweight), is it possible to gain the size and enhance my physique?
    By the way I am a 32 yr old male.

    Tags:

  2. On 1 Dec 2005 11:16:04 -0800, "RockFish73" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I just realized that i have been working out for four years.

    WOW! Aren't you tired? I get tired after an hour or so.

  3. On 1 Dec 2005 11:16:04 -0800, "RockFish73" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I just realized that i have been working out for four years.

    WOW! Aren't you tired? I get tired after an hour or so.

  4. On 1 Dec 2005 11:16:04 -0800, "RockFish73" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I just realized that i have been working out for four years.

    WOW! Aren't you tired? I get tired after an hour or so.

  5. 0901453765

    0901453765 Guest

    NO stamina- try drinking whale urine

  6. 0901453765

    0901453765 Guest

    NO stamina- try drinking whale urine

  7. 0901453765

    0901453765 Guest

    NO stamina- try drinking whale urine

  8. On 1 Dec 2005 11:56:27 -0800, "0901453765" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >NO stamina- try drinking whale urine

    I have, but frankly, it tastes like piss.

  9. On 1 Dec 2005 11:56:27 -0800, "0901453765" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >NO stamina- try drinking whale urine

    I have, but frankly, it tastes like piss.

  10. On 1 Dec 2005 11:56:27 -0800, "0901453765" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >NO stamina- try drinking whale urine

    I have, but frankly, it tastes like piss.

  11. 0901453765

    0901453765 Guest

    Uh..duh..what did you think it would taste of? your Mothers squirting
    juice...Hi Ho

  12. 0901453765

    0901453765 Guest

    Uh..duh..what did you think it would taste of? your Mothers squirting
    juice...Hi Ho

  13. RockFish73

    RockFish73 Guest

    thanks for making a mockery of my serious topic. grow up already.

  14. On 1 Dec 2005 12:06:09 -0800, "0901453765" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Uh..duh..what did you think it would taste of? your Mothers squirting
    >juice.

    No, my mothers squirting juice tasted like pussy. Er, I mean, not that
    I'd know...

    / ~ \
    |\__/
    | |
    | . |
    | `.` |
    __| `` | `.` |/~~\
    / | | | `` |/~~\
    \ ` . . | |
    \ . . ` /
    \ . . /
    \ . /
    | . |
    | |
    | |

  15. Dally

    Dally Guest

    RockFish73 wrote:

    > thanks for making a mockery of my serious topic. grow up already.

    I don't know who you're replying to, which means my killfile is working
    because I didn't actually see ANY replies to you. (There is quite a bit
    of discussion going on here about why you need a good killfile.)
    Failing that, it's useful to know who the trolls are. Can't you spot a
    troll?

    But to answer your question, yes, if you eat more and lift smarter you
    can gain mass, even at the age of 32. It's sort of a dumb question so I
    can see why no one answered it. I mean, you know the answer, too.

    What struck me in your question was the tone of making excuses for why
    you are like you are, i.e., that you're a picky eater and won't do
    supplements. I think it's important to be aware that you're going to
    have to change if you want to change.

    Aside from that comment, the only other thing I'd mention is that you
    should look into hypertrophy specific training. I believe it's
    important to change your routine completely from time to time if you
    want to keep the gains coming.

    Dally

  16. Dally

    Dally Guest

    RockFish73 wrote:

    > thanks for making a mockery of my serious topic. grow up already.

    I don't know who you're replying to, which means my killfile is working
    because I didn't actually see ANY replies to you. (There is quite a bit
    of discussion going on here about why you need a good killfile.)
    Failing that, it's useful to know who the trolls are. Can't you spot a
    troll?

    But to answer your question, yes, if you eat more and lift smarter you
    can gain mass, even at the age of 32. It's sort of a dumb question so I
    can see why no one answered it. I mean, you know the answer, too.

    What struck me in your question was the tone of making excuses for why
    you are like you are, i.e., that you're a picky eater and won't do
    supplements. I think it's important to be aware that you're going to
    have to change if you want to change.

    Aside from that comment, the only other thing I'd mention is that you
    should look into hypertrophy specific training. I believe it's
    important to change your routine completely from time to time if you
    want to keep the gains coming.

    Dally

  17. Hugh Beyer

    Hugh Beyer Guest

    On 1 Dec 2005 13:15:45 -0800, "RockFish73" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >thanks for making a mockery of my serious topic. grow up already.

    / ~ \
    |\__/
    | |
    | . |
    | `.` |
    __| `` | `.` |/~~\
    / | | | `` |/~~\
    \ ` . . | |
    \ . . ` /
    \ . . /
    \ . /
    | . |
    | |
    | |

  18. Charles

    Charles Guest

    On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:16:00 -0500, Dally <[email protected]> wrote:

    >RockFish73 wrote:
    >
    >> thanks for making a mockery of my serious topic. grow up already.

    >I don't know who you're replying to, which means my killfile is working
    >because I didn't actually see ANY replies to you. (There is quite a bit
    >of discussion going on here about why you need a good killfile.)
    >Failing that, it's useful to know who the trolls are. Can't you spot a
    >troll?

    You are "trolling" again Dolly, and inviting response.

    >But to answer your question, yes, if you eat more and lift smarter you
    >can gain mass, even at the age of 32. It's sort of a dumb question so I
    >can see why no one answered it. I mean, you know the answer, too.
    >
    >What struck me in your question was the tone of making excuses for why
    >you are like you are, i.e., that you're a picky eater and won't do
    >supplements. I think it's important to be aware that you're going to
    >have to change if you want to change.
    >
    >Aside from that comment, the only other thing I'd mention is that you
    >should look into hypertrophy specific training. I believe it's
    >important to change your routine completely from time to time if you
    >want to keep the gains coming.

    A little knowledge is dangerous.

  19. RockFish73

    RockFish73 Guest

    Actually it is not a dumb question. The reason why I am concerned at
    this point as to whether I can gain a significant amount of muscle mass
    is due to the fact that I know quite a few weightlifters (natural) who
    have been lifting for years and have a hard time gaining any muscle
    mass at all. That phase when you just start lifting weights is
    beautiful when you see gains on a weekly and monthly basis. After this
    honeymoon phase the gains are much harder to come by. I just wanted to
    know whether could I expect strong gains at this point with a change in
    my diet.

  20. Dally

    Dally Guest

    RockFish73 wrote:
    > Actually it is not a dumb question. The reason why I am concerned at
    > this point as to whether I can gain a significant amount of muscle mass
    > is due to the fact that I know quite a few weightlifters (natural) who
    > have been lifting for years and have a hard time gaining any muscle
    > mass at all.

    If you do the same things you should expect the same results.

    > That phase when you just start lifting weights is
    > beautiful when you see gains on a weekly and monthly basis. After this
    > honeymoon phase the gains are much harder to come by.

    True, but hard isn't impossible.

    > I just wanted to
    > know whether could I expect strong gains at this point with a change in
    > my diet.

    I'd say you'd need to change your diet AND your lifting r