Can I use DA 10 speed crank with campag 9 speed setup...?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Phillip Johnson, Mar 11, 2004.

  1. I've searcherd the usenet archive on google but can't find
    posts relating to this case...

    Anyway I'm guessing that I can use a DA 10sp crank with a
    9sp campag setup if I use the 9sp campag chain?.

    Secondly are shimano 9 speed chainrings compatible with the
    new DA 10 speed crank?.

    TIA,

    Phillip.

    Tags:

  2. me-<< Anyway I'm guessing that I can use a DA 10sp crank
    with a 9sp campag setup if I use the 9sp campag chain?.
    >><BR><BR>

    I've heard of two instances where a non-DA 10s chain with
    this crank can be 'noisy', particularly in big ring, snall
    cog and small ring, biggest cog combos. No first hand
    knowledge.

    Me<< Secondly are shimano 9 speed chainrings compatible with
    the new DA 10 speed crank?. >><BR><BR>

    Yes, I know of two teams that are doing just this.

    Boulder, CO, 80302
    costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  3. Richard Chan

    Richard Chan Guest

    [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > me-<< Anyway I'm guessing that I can use a DA 10sp crank
    > with a 9sp campag setup if I use the 9sp campag chain?.
    > >><BR><BR>
    >
    > I've heard of two instances where a non-DA 10s chain with
    > this crank can be 'noisy', particularly in big ring, snall
    > cog and small ring, biggest cog combos. No first hand
    > knowledge.
    >
    > Me<< Secondly are shimano 9 speed chainrings compatible
    > with the new DA 10 speed crank?. >><BR><BR>
    >
    > Yes, I know of two teams that are doing just this.

    Some of the Health Net dudes are doing this. I guess the
    DA10 rings are in short supply.

  4. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:00:03 +0100, Phillip Johnson <[email protected]> may
    have said:

    >I've searcherd the usenet archive on google but can't find
    >posts relating to this case...
    >
    >Anyway I'm guessing that I can use a DA 10sp crank with a
    >9sp campag setup if I use the 9sp campag chain?.

    Yes. You could also use it with any other bike chain. Since
    you're using a 9sp cassette, the 9sp chain is the right
    choice in this instance.

    >Secondly are shimano 9 speed chainrings compatible with the
    >new DA 10 speed crank?.

    As long as they have the right bolt circle, sure.