Can I use DA 10 speed crank with campag 9 speed setup...?

Phillip Johnson

Guest
I've searcherd the usenet archive on google but can't find
posts relating to this case...

Anyway I'm guessing that I can use a DA 10sp crank with a
9sp campag setup if I use the 9sp campag chain?.

Secondly are shimano 9 speed chainrings compatible with the
new DA 10 speed crank?.

TIA,

Phillip.

me-<< Anyway I'm guessing that I can use a DA 10sp crank
with a 9sp campag setup if I use the 9sp campag chain?.
>><BR><BR>

I've heard of two instances where a non-DA 10s chain with
this crank can be 'noisy', particularly in big ring, snall
cog and small ring, biggest cog combos. No first hand
knowledge.

Me<< Secondly are shimano 9 speed chainrings compatible with
the new DA 10 speed crank?. >><BR><BR>

Yes, I know of two teams that are doing just this.

Boulder, CO, 80302
costruite eccezionalmente bene"

[email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> me-<< Anyway I'm guessing that I can use a DA 10sp crank
> with a 9sp campag setup if I use the 9sp campag chain?.
> >><BR><BR>
>
> I've heard of two instances where a non-DA 10s chain with
> this crank can be 'noisy', particularly in big ring, snall
> cog and small ring, biggest cog combos. No first hand
> knowledge.
>
> Me<< Secondly are shimano 9 speed chainrings compatible
> with the new DA 10 speed crank?. >><BR><BR>
>
> Yes, I know of two teams that are doing just this.

Some of the Health Net dudes are doing this. I guess the
DA10 rings are in short supply.

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:00:03 +0100, Phillip Johnson <[email protected]> may
have said:

>I've searcherd the usenet archive on google but can't find
>posts relating to this case...
>
>Anyway I'm guessing that I can use a DA 10sp crank with a
>9sp campag setup if I use the 9sp campag chain?.

Yes. You could also use it with any other bike chain. Since
you're using a 9sp cassette, the 9sp chain is the right
choice in this instance.

>Secondly are shimano 9 speed chainrings compatible with the
>new DA 10 speed crank?.

As long as they have the right bolt circle, sure.