Can I use my avid disc brakes with road syle drop bars?

Me

Guest
Hi I want to convert my mtb to road style drop bars using my Ultegra STIs
and my Avid Mechanical Disc Brakes (the standard mtb version)

My question. Will my Ultegras levers pull enough cable? I'm guessing they
wont, so in that case can I use a "travel agent" type device which is
normally used to allow drop bars with v brake levers...

If anyone has any experience with this, I'd appreciate the name of a place
here in the UK where I can buy the type of adaper I need.

cheers

"Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi I want to convert my mtb to road style drop bars using my Ultegra STIs
> and my Avid Mechanical Disc Brakes (the standard mtb version)
>
> My question. Will my Ultegras levers pull enough cable? I'm guessing they
> wont, so in that case can I use a "travel agent" type device which is
> normally used to allow drop bars with v brake levers...
>
> If anyone has any experience with this, I'd appreciate the name of a place
> here in the UK where I can buy the type of adaper I need.

What's the difference between the road version of the avids and the mtb
version? If you can get parts to convert between the two, I'd do that.

cheers,
clive