Can Kreitler roller belt be repaired?



F

Freewheeling

Guest
Hi:

Just thought I'd check before I bought a new one. The belt If have for my
Challenger rollers (about 5 years old) is coming apart where the bond is
located. Not yet quite completely broken. Is there a way to repair this,
or should I just buy a new one? Also, are there altenatives that can be
used in place of the urethene belt?

--
--Scott
 
R

Remove No Spam to Reply

Guest
Lets see..... that works out to about .01 cents a day for your
usage...........

Buy a new belt. It will hurt less than picking yourself up off the floor
and untangling the belt from your chain and rear derailleur.


"Freewheeling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi:
>
> Just thought I'd check before I bought a new one. The belt If have for my
> Challenger rollers (about 5 years old) is coming apart where the bond is
> located. Not yet quite completely broken. Is there a way to repair this,
> or should I just buy a new one? Also, are there altenatives that can be
> used in place of the urethene belt?
>
> --
> --Scott
>
>
 
F

Freewheeling

Guest
"Remove No Spam to Reply"
<(nospam)newsgroups(nospam)@allanoxenreiter(nospam).com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Lets see..... that works out to about .01 cents a day for your
> usage...........
>
> Buy a new belt. It will hurt less than picking yourself up off the floor
> and untangling the belt from your chain and rear derailleur.


When Al was alive he'd generally suggest, over the phone, that if the belt
stretched or something one could just return it to be rebonded... and of
course there was the famous lifetime warranty. No more, I guess. But I
took from the exchange the insight that rebonding was not a particularly big
deal, and there's no part of the belt that's a problem other than the bond,
after all. .01 cent a day or not, if it's an expense one need not occur then
what's the sense of blowing 20 bucks? I'd rather buy someone I like a good
meal.

Anyway thanks for the reasonably gracious answer. If Dave Astor is typical
of the racing crowd, it needs a few more adults. (And I'm paying way too
much attention to Cyclism, Lance or no Lance.)

>
>
> "Freewheeling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Hi:
>>
>> Just thought I'd check before I bought a new one. The belt If have for
>> my
>> Challenger rollers (about 5 years old) is coming apart where the bond is
>> located. Not yet quite completely broken. Is there a way to repair
>> this,
>> or should I just buy a new one? Also, are there altenatives that can be
>> used in place of the urethene belt?
>>
>> --
>> --Scott
>>
>>

>
>
 

nget

New Member
Feb 24, 2004
332
0
0
Freewheeling said:
"Remove No Spam to Reply"
<(nospam)newsgroups(nospam)@allanoxenreiter(nospam).com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Lets see..... that works out to about .01 cents a day for your
> usage...........
>
> Buy a new belt. It will hurt less than picking yourself up off the floor
> and untangling the belt from your chain and rear derailleur.


When Al was alive he'd generally suggest, over the phone, that if the belt
stretched or something one could just return it to be rebonded... and of
course there was the famous lifetime warranty. No more, I guess. But I
took from the exchange the insight that rebonding was not a particularly big
deal, and there's no part of the belt that's a problem other than the bond,
after all. .01 cent a day or not, if it's an expense one need not occur then
what's the sense of blowing 20 bucks? I'd rather buy someone I like a good
meal.

Anyway thanks for the reasonably gracious answer. If Dave Astor is typical
of the racing crowd, it needs a few more adults. (And I'm paying way too
much attention to Cyclism, Lance or no Lance.)

>
>
> "Freewheeling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Hi:
>>
>> Just thought I'd check before I bought a new one. The belt If have for
>> my
>> Challenger rollers (about 5 years old) is coming apart where the bond is
>> located. Not yet quite completely broken. Is there a way to repair
>> this,
>> or should I just buy a new one? Also, are there altenatives that can be
>> used in place of the urethene belt?
>>
>> --
>> --Scott
>>
>>

>
>

I will look at your belt and give you an estimate of repair for a mere $15.00.
This offer is only for a short time so you must act fast to take advantage of it.Please inclose $5.00 cash with the belt so that I can ship it back to you.