Can Lance win stage 16?

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
We have several really old guys in the days break (Horner, Armstrong, Moreau), it'd be great to see Lance go out with a stage win in his last Tour!

Stage win 23 coming tonight perhaps? He's raised approx 230 million dollars to fight cancer, what a champion!

roadhouse said:
i'd have to think that if he really wanted to, Lance could grow wings and fly so yes.

Away from Mssrs Landis, Lemond & Novitsky perhaps?

On topic I think the old brute has a chance.

okay, what just happened? looked as if Lance sat up, not contesting the sprint at all. at least he made up some minutes :confused:

roadhouse said:
okay, what just happened? looked as if Lance sat up, not contesting the sprint at all. at least he made up some minutes :confused:

He had a go, but was beaten by faster riders.

The old dog gave it a good effort but he doesn't have a sprint. Kind of embarrassing for him.

not an embarrassing ride imo. they started that sprint quite early and lance hasnt had that kind of sprint for years now. plus, he was on the wrong wheel when the sprint opened up. no loss there. he put in a lot of effort to keep that breakaway going and hats off to him.

that said....

its seriously too bad that hes not paying leipheimer back for all those years of service by helping him on the climbs and instead looking only after himself. he should have been up at the front with levi the day before. id give him much more respect for helping levi than i would if he got a stage win at this point. quite selfish riding imo.