Can Saddles Restrict Blood Flow To Leg Muscles?

In article <[email protected]>,
DougC <[email protected]> writes:

> And the person who STARTED this whole thread was complaining of (-guess
> what?-) seat pain!

No. Here is what Steve said in his original post:

"The symptoms are a dull ache mostly on the muscles on the insides of
my legs. The ache seems to get worse with increased pedal effort. The
thing that seems to corroborate this theory is that the dull ache will
subside after standing for 10-15 seconds."

Maybe those symptoms arise from an inappropriate saddle, or maybe
they don't. Actually it sounds to me like a hamstring thing, and
maybe different-lengthed cranks and/or a wider or narrower Q-factor
would be the answer. Or even a minor adjustment of pedals or cleats,
or adjusting the seatpost height by 1 to 2mm. I don't know for sure;
I'm neither a doctor nor a sports physio-expert-guy. Heck, maybe
Steve's seatpost has slid down a couple of millimetres since his last
fitting, and it just needs to be raised up a little (and perhaps
shimmed to prevent subsequent slippage.) I know I've experienced
affected hamstrings from a too-low saddle.

> It all depends on where your priorities are I suppose.
> Maybe someone should charter a newsgroup named
> "rec.bicycles.racer.wannabee" for those that insist on buying
> uncomfortable bikes no matter what, just because "it's like what Lance
> uses"......

My main bike is more like a blend of what Dennis Coello and Brian DeSousa
use. It's very comfortable & upright, and I ain't partin' with it for
love or money.

Who's Lance?

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

i don't know about the legs, but they must surely restrict blood flow to
the brains, judging by the quantity of b.s. this thread generates.
--
Save the Planet! Kill yourself!

http://www.usenet.com