Can someone help with Cinelli?

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:09:29 -0500, "M Santos" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Brian Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> You don't want to post images in a non-binary newsgroup, so best thing is

>> upload them to one of your web sites (you DO have one, don't you?)

>Regrettably, I do not
>
>and
>> provide the link. The Columbus sticker on the seat tube (if it's still
>> there) will also tell you something about the frame material (SL

>perhaps?).
>
>Does SLX mean anything to you?
>

>> Were they even making Dura Ace in '84?

>I'm just guessing it's from '84 because of the first 2 positions in the
>serial number. I could be way off.
>
>Again, thanks for any info you can give.

Shimano parts will have a two letter date code that can be decoded somewhere on
here: http://www.classicrendezvous.com./index.htm . Along with answers to other
vintage bike questions you'll have.

Ron

M Santos <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello all

The OP (M Santos) asked me to post the following on his behalf as he's
having problems with his news server.

---

I want to thank every one who responded, you've all given me useful
information. Special thank you to dtmeister for giving me the means to
share a few photos (there are 3 more links below).

I thought of craigslist, but in my rural corner of the country I doubt
I'll generate much interest. I'll probably end up doing something on Ebay, I
need to get 800 or so out of it...I know, I know, slim chance with Dura Ace,
but maybe somebody out there is really hot for this frame.

(Anybody out there know somebody who fits that description?)

Thanks again for your help

http://dt.c47.org/MVC-015F.JPG
http://dt.c47.org/MVC-018F.JPG
http://dt.c47.org/MVC-021F.JPG

***I apologize if this shows up more than once, my news server is acting
strangely and doesn't seem to want to post this message.

Johnny Sunset wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo aka Peter Chisholm wrote:
> > M Santos wrote:
> > > Hello all
> > >
> > > New to this group, I could use help identifying my Cinelli I bought from a
> > > neighbor a few years ago. There is nothing on the bike to identify a model
> > > designation. I understand it may be considered "vintage", my neighbor
> > > purchased it new in the early to mid 80s. The serial number is 84820 (1984
> > > model??). It looks similar to the supercorsa at cinelli's website with the
> > > lugged Columbus frame, it has the full Dura Ace package. I emailed the folks
> > > at the website but they were completely unhelpful. Any information would be
> > > greatly appreciated
> > >
> > > Thanks!

> > Picture?
> >
> > But Cinelli lugged steel bicycles are a real find in spite of having DA
> > on it.

> Too bad this bike is not a high quality lugged steel Japanese made
> frame that would better complement the quality Shimano Dura-Ace
> components.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

I guess Tom...this is going to be interesting. Is yer 'bent' made in
Japan?