Can someone recommend a LBS in Bristol?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon L, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. Simon L

    Simon L Guest

    I did Yell, but most of the locations don't mean anything to me -
    anyway, personal recommendation counts for much.

    I work in SE Bristol (Hengrove) and cycle to Temple Meads, so something
    in a three mile radius of that route would be preferable. There's a
    Halfrauds in Brislington I'd rather not spend my money with... (I'm
    after clothing.)

    TIA

    Tags:

  2. Simon L wrote:
    > I did Yell, but most of the locations don't mean anything to me -
    > anyway, personal recommendation counts for much.

    There is one near the bottom of Park Street (or maybe it is college
    green by then) not too far up the hill anyway and on the right as you
    climb the hill. Can't recall the name. I have only been in twice and
    bought some shorts once so I can't provide a significant personal
    recommendation but they seemed nice enough and they are a Brommie
    dealer so they can't be too bad

    best wishes
    james

  3. nsim

    nsim Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Simon L wrote:
    > > I did Yell, but most of the locations don't mean anything to me -
    > > anyway, personal recommendation counts for much.

    > There is one near the bottom of Park Street (or maybe it is college
    > green by then) not too far up the hill anyway and on the right as you
    > climb the hill. Can't recall the name. I have only been in twice and
    > bought some shorts once so I can't provide a significant personal
    > recommendation but they seemed nice enough and they are a Brommie
    > dealer so they can't be too bad

    That will be Dave Bater (www.db-cycles.co.uk). I've bought a few things
    there and they seem pretty good.

    Depending on what you need, you might try Mud Dock
    (www.mud-dock.co.uk), which isn't too far off your route.

    I've used quite a few LBS in Bristol over the last few months for
    various workshop repairs and haven't (yet) found one I particularly
    want to use again, but I'd be interested to see if someone else can
    recommend one.

    Neil

  4. Simon L

    Simon L Guest

    cheers for the links :)

  5. Dan Gregory

    Dan Gregory Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Simon L wrote:
    >
    >>I did Yell, but most of the locations don't mean anything to me -
    >>anyway, personal recommendation counts for much.

    > There is one near the bottom of Park Street (or maybe it is college
    > green by then) not too far up the hill anyway and on the right as you
    > climb the hill. Can't recall the name. I have only been in twice and
    > bought some shorts once so I can't provide a significant personal
    > recommendation but they seemed nice enough and they are a Brommie
    > dealer so they can't be too bad

    Bristol Bike Workshop
    BIKEWORKSHOP
    88COLSTON ST BRISTOL BS1 5BB