Can someone recommend a LBS in Bristol?

Simon L

Guest
I did Yell, but most of the locations don't mean anything to me -
anyway, personal recommendation counts for much.

I work in SE Bristol (Hengrove) and cycle to Temple Meads, so something
in a three mile radius of that route would be preferable. There's a
Halfrauds in Brislington I'd rather not spend my money with... (I'm
after clothing.)

TIA

Simon L wrote:
> I did Yell, but most of the locations don't mean anything to me -
> anyway, personal recommendation counts for much.

There is one near the bottom of Park Street (or maybe it is college
green by then) not too far up the hill anyway and on the right as you
climb the hill. Can't recall the name. I have only been in twice and
bought some shorts once so I can't provide a significant personal
recommendation but they seemed nice enough and they are a Brommie
dealer so they can't be too bad

best wishes
james

[email protected] wrote:
> Simon L wrote:
> > I did Yell, but most of the locations don't mean anything to me -
> > anyway, personal recommendation counts for much.

> There is one near the bottom of Park Street (or maybe it is college
> green by then) not too far up the hill anyway and on the right as you
> climb the hill. Can't recall the name. I have only been in twice and
> bought some shorts once so I can't provide a significant personal
> recommendation but they seemed nice enough and they are a Brommie
> dealer so they can't be too bad

That will be Dave Bater (www.db-cycles.co.uk). I've bought a few things
there and they seem pretty good.

Depending on what you need, you might try Mud Dock
(www.mud-dock.co.uk), which isn't too far off your route.

I've used quite a few LBS in Bristol over the last few months for
various workshop repairs and haven't (yet) found one I particularly
want to use again, but I'd be interested to see if someone else can
recommend one.

Neil

[email protected] wrote:
> Simon L wrote:
>
>>I did Yell, but most of the locations don't mean anything to me -
>>anyway, personal recommendation counts for much.

> There is one near the bottom of Park Street (or maybe it is college
> green by then) not too far up the hill anyway and on the right as you
> climb the hill. Can't recall the name. I have only been in twice and
> bought some shorts once so I can't provide a significant personal
> recommendation but they seemed nice enough and they are a Brommie
> dealer so they can't be too bad

Bristol Bike Workshop
BIKEWORKSHOP
88COLSTON ST BRISTOL BS1 5BB