Can sweet potatoes be cut in advance?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Mike C, Mar 11, 2006.

  1. Mike C

    Mike C Guest

    I am making a large number of gratins and was wondering if there is any
    harm in slicing the sweet potatoes in the morning.

    Tags:

  2. Mike C wrote:
    > I am making a large number of gratins and was wondering if there is any
    > harm in slicing the sweet potatoes in the morning.

    I would just keep the potato slices submerged in water after slicing
    until ready to use. Perhaps laying them out on a clean dishtowel and
    taking another clean dishtowel and patting them dry. Then on to the
    gratins!!