Can Teflon make you sick?

The teflon always disapears after a year or so. Wonder where
it gets to?

"kevins_news2" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 03:43:06 GMT, "Pizza Girl"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Dr F" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Interesting. Is there any toxicology data for teflon or
> >> its vapors? What is the lethal dose?
> >>
> >> This reminds me of the microwave popcorn fake butter
> >> fiasco. The fake butter vapors at the factories were
> >> causing potentially fatal pulmonary diseases in
> >> workers. More than a dozen victims will need lung
> >> transplants.
> >>
> >> B.W.
> >
> >Many people lost their birds to these vapours. A Texas
> >zoo lost 18 large parrots worth a fortune to one Teflon
> >pan overheated.
> >
> >The manufacturer used to admit it was a problem over 550
> >degrees. researchers have measured cooking bacon wher pan
> >temps exceeded 650
degrees
> >before the bacon was done.
> >
> >The manufacturer's statements have since disapeared.
>
> I won't say that there aren't issues with Teflon and high
> heat. And i can believe that birds are sensitive enough to
> be harmed by regular cooking with teflon. But the
> "researchers" who did that bacon study (at least the one I
> read about) were unfair. They put a teflon pan on HIGH
> heat. It was on the highest heat that they managed to get
> the pan to 650 before the few strips of bacon were done.
> Nobody (at least noboby sensible) would cook like that.

"Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The teflon always disapears after a year or so. Wonder
> where it gets to?

It flakes off -- you eat it -- it gets into your brain --->
and.... that's why you wonder how you became the Pizza He-
Girl. (It may cause clitoral gigantism or penile
atrophication) ahahaha.....ahahanson