Can the 2003 Shimano M752 XT crank fit the Ultegra or DuraAce Triple crankset BB??

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by gavinboy, Jun 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gavinboy

gavinboy New Member

Was thinking of upgrading my crankset to 2003 XT M752, currently running Raceface Prodigy XC crank and an FSA Ultimax Cro-Mo BB on a 2002 Giant ATX Team frame(hardtail). Does anyone know what size BB (68mm or 73mm)? Can the Triple Crank BB's from DuraAce and Ultegra fit? Or am I stuck with the ES-71 BB?

The triple crankset BB's have a 118.5mm spindle whereas the ES-71 is 113mm, so will using the triple crankset BB upset the chainline on my frame?

Tags:

2. Jon Bond

Jon Bond Guest

"gavinboy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Was thinking of upgrading my crankset to 2003 XT M752, currently running Raceface Prodigy XC crank
    > and an FSA Ultimax Cro-Mo BB on a 2002 Giant ATX Team frame(hardtail). Does anyone know what size
    > BB (68mm or 73mm)? Can the Triple Crank BB's from DuraAce and Ultegra fit? Or am I stuck with the
    > ES-71 BB?
    >
    > The triple crankset BB's have a 118.5mm spindle whereas the ES-71 is 113mm, so will using the
    > triple crankset BB upset the chainline on my frame?

Spindle length is dependent on the crankset. Only if you've got really really big pivots in the way
    do you need to go for the longer spindle.

Only the ES-71 will work. Different spindle pattern - different than last year's too.

Jon Bond

3. gavinboy-<< Was thinking of upgrading my crankset to 2003 XT M752, currently running Raceface
    Prodigy XC crank and an FSA Ultimax Cro-Mo BB on a 2002 Giant ATX Team frame(hardtail). Does anyone
    know what size BB

Cannot use the newest XT crank on anything but the ES-70(71?) or LX BB...different spline design.

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.