Can the people who have their red and white lights on the wring way please fix them!!

Paulus

Guest
Every 5th ride or so from Ashburton into the city I encounter cyclists who have the red light on the
front and the white light on the rear. Alway fun when u think someone is infront of you moving away
when infact they are moving towards you! Highly dangerous so whoever it is, I invite you to brush up
on the rules regarding postioning of lights!!

Grrrr.

"Paulus" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
: Every 5th ride or so from Ashburton into the city I encounter cyclists who have the red light on
: the front and the white light on the rear. Alway
fun
: when u think someone is infront of you moving away when infact they are moving towards you!

I have also seen this. I think they may think that it will make them more obvious but it is very
disturbing and has the possibility of causing more accidents. I saw it when I was driving my car up
a very bad skinny road. I saw this bike coming down toward me or so I thought on the wrong side of
the road. When I ride down this road I can hit 60 easily and have to brake heavily on the tight
rough corners. A car was coming the other way at the same time and thought the guy was going to end
up on my back seat via the front windshield. I slammed the brakes on but I could have easily have
steered into the oncoming car to save the cyclist. There was in fact no need to panic as he was not
riding at 60 down the hill but more like 15 up
it. I should have stopped and told him his mistake but didn't. If I see it again I will definitely
let them know how dangerous it is.

all after the elusive Darwin Award perhaps. Jock "Paulus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Every 5th ride or so from Ashburton into the city I encounter cyclists who have the red light on
> the front and the white light on the rear. Alway
fun
> when u think someone is infront of you moving away when infact they are moving towards you! Highly
> dangerous so whoever it is, I invite you to brush up on the rules regarding postioning of lights!!
>
> Grrrr.

It would make an amusing entry in the awards section.

"A cyclist in Melbourne, Australia thought it would be a good idea to mount his rear light on the
front of his bicycle, and his front light on the rear. A tired motorist assuming the cyclist was
heading towards them on dark night, saw the cycle on what they thought was on the incorrect side of
the road honked their horn continually and attempted to avoid the cylist. The cylist did not see the
car as it was approaching from the rear, was never the less the last thing they ever heard".

news:[email protected]...