CAN u use new 10 speed shimano cogs with campagnolo

king_matt87

Aug 25, 2003
i want to know ok i run Campagnolo record 10 speed and have a few shimano wheels can i use the new 10 speed shimano cassets on my shimano wheels in my campagnolo bike. or dose any 1 want to buy my shimano wheels off me. i have to pairs i both only cheap but 1 pair of razor rims with 105 hubs $150 and the other shimano sora hubswith mavic CXP21 rims $100 or both for $225 both pairs straight ans working well i want to know if i can still use them cos they are just sitting in my shed.

i Sold my 2 other good wheels sets and jus want to know what to do with these wheels not liek i need to run them if it's o much trouble cos i have 2 pairs of wheel for my campagnolo bike as it is a pair of record hubs with Areo head OC and a pair of Campagnolo Eurus which top end wheels so i just thought if any 1 knows what to do to let me run them as a back up taht will work well with out doing to much to them thanx

Campagnolo and shimano 10 speed systems are NOT compatible. The companies use different spacer sizes and sprocket thicknesses for their systems. There is only one chain which will work onthe new DA and that is a DA chain. However there are many 10 speed chains around which will work on Campag.

tafi said:
Campagnolo and shimano 10 speed systems are NOT compatible. The companies use different spacer sizes and sprocket thicknesses for their systems. There is only one chain which will work onthe new DA and that is a DA chain. However there are many 10 speed chains around which will work on Campag.

That would b right but yer i have heard of other brands that make Campagnolo 10 speed cassets and chanins but none 4 shimano, campagnolo record cassets it TIcost like $700 i have 1 on my campagnolo wheels my was part of package will wheels through, runs so smooth and brings weight down!

tafi said:

It may matter how anal you are about "compatibility" I have a tandem with a set of Bontrager Tandem Race wheels, and rather than buying a Wheels Manufacturing cassette, I just used a plain ultegra 10speed cassette. I have everything Campy (the cranks are FSA) and it works fine. Maybe it is kind of shifting poorer at one extreme versus the other, because there is a difference in spacing (like .2mm), but it works just fine with no misses, skips, or noticable hesitation... Yeah it doesn't shift as well as my all campy singles, but the shift cables are more than twice as long, with a stoker that doesn't always let up to shift, so I consider it all good.

If you are one of the anal guys that doesn't like doing things that work that shouldn't... but any of several adaptor cassettes Wheels Manufacturing, American Classic, IFS, etc.

king_matt87 said:
i want to know ok i run Campagnolo record 10 speed and have a few shimano wheels can i use the new 10 speed shimano cassets on my shimano wheels in my campagnolo bike. or dose any 1 want to buy my shimano wheels off me. i have to pairs i both only cheap but 1 pair of razor rims with 105 hubs $150 and the other shimano sora hubswith mavic CXP21 rims $100 or both for $225 both pairs straight ans working well i want to know if i can still use them cos they are just sitting in my shed.

Oh and if you want more people to give their $.02 you need to post this in the EQUIPMENT FORUM...