Can we do pretend review of a sexy ebike here?

Reid2

Jan 6, 2011
http://www.amazon.com/Prodeco-Storm-Electric-Folding-Warranty/dp/B005J6YSLW/ref=sr_1_4?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1322462616&sr=1-4

It's not going to be perfectly ideal, but I have the hots to own this new bike.

Let's dissect it here? I can only dream to own it, at this point,
but I already wrote a 'review' for the product page.

And...that's with free shipping, dudes,

Zoom
See larger image and other views (with zoom)

See all product images
Share your own customer images
Prodeco Storm Electric Folding Bike- Lithium Powered, 17+mph, 25 Mile Range, 2 Year Warranty, Built in the USA! by Prodeco
5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review) | Liked (4)
Price: $1,099.00 Special Offers Available
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Fresh Scooters.
Only 10 left in stock--order soon.

Pasting some of the sales text, and my pre-review too

...but do look at the close up pictures at Amazon?

I can't see how to put fenders to it readily, but maybe I'd just consider it a dry weather bike, or a wetback bike.
I can't see a place to put another rear rack, that's not do-able. And a bike lock mount will spoil its esthetic lines.
And I sure wouldn't put a wicker basket on the front...no matter. Most bikes in the USA have no fenders,
no rack, no basket. A backpack or messenger bag is always a good option.

This bike line (this one is the deluxe-finish version, there is one model like this for less,regular finish)
will be an amazing success, I do think. They have a "marine" model, too, smaller wheels.

Product Description The Prodeco Storm is one of the most stunning electric bicycles ever seen in the e-bike market. From the coarse titanium flake finish to the sand blasted black components, the look is unique to all others. Considered a Mountain style bike but with the benefit of a Power on Demand throttle electric system, she is at home on the trails or around town. Built in the USA, ease of service, quick disconnects, 2000 charge cycle lithium-ion battery and a 2 year warranty throughout offers problem free riding. This beauty folds and only weight 46 lbs. Built to last with alloys, stainless steels and rust resistant components. Arriving fully assembled with only one stem bolt needing to be tightened, you will be up and riding in minutes

Oh, here are some of Miami's regulars, and Miami's best bike shop,
all in one fell swoop,

250w is almost worthless. Yes, it will go at a reasonable speed on the flat.

But when it is pushed over 250w, headwind or up a slope, it will tend to heat up. Given enough time the internals will get too hot to function properly - ever again.

High, An Old Guy, I am in total agreement with you there. A "250W" motor will heat badly if run hard.

Yes, so I am reading and finding more about Prodeco. It's "local" to my area, whoopee!

They have available also, much heavier motors such as hard runners would want (but not myself, really).

See this PDF I just found? And on the back, is contact information.

PDF, gorgeous pictures of pretty bikes,

http://prodecotech.com/Catalog%20PDF%20Presentation.pdf

They can, apparently, pretty much tailor the product, quickly, to meet market demands,

as it is assembled here in the USA...I hope, in Pompano Beach, that would be nearly like neighbors.

Steve, of Prodeco? I never met your product before last night, I was "pining" for my lost ebike project,
and thinking "I hope to buy an ebike someday...what to get?" Well, I happened to think to look at Amazon,
to see what they are offering, and that is how I heard of your company and product line.

Originally Posted by An old Guy .

250w is almost worthless. Yes, it will go at a reasonable speed on the flat.

But when it is pushed over 250w, headwind or up a slope, it will tend to heat up. Given enough time the internals will get too hot to function properly - ever again.
You are so right, and I would like to tell the story of the Currie, my first ebike.
It used (and still does), the Unite brushed, geared, externally mounted, rear drive motor.
A circle of chain connects the Unite to the rear hub, driving from the right side. It works well,
torquey, but I wanted more gusto yet, and higher top speed.

So I added another SLA battery in series, for a nominal 36V instead of 24V.
Motors are current operated devices. I pushed more current through the tiny Unite,
and sure got my speed and power, wow, it was great. So I did a test run, up and down a smooth boulevard.
I got about ten miles and then suddenly....****, and I smelled the smell of barbequed motor.
Poor little Unite. I replaced it and made efforts to cool its successor, and had a 20MPH bike,
but it was electrically inefficient, and I was using those lousy SLA bricks at that time....this was...five years ago.

Sexy ebike? I think that Prodeco offers the most instantly classic ebike and bike designs.
I can't think of any bike more striking in basic form and impression.

Let me note that they made a video last year? Note the banyan tree?
That park is a great place to present products.

All local scenes. South Florida really is bike-photogenic.
I love to do bike rides with a camera, though I am just amateur and a piker,

Here's where I live, Steve, video of two years ago, my present...Trek Lime,
note the banyan tree is featured, too, it is the same that your crew chose.

"They never blow over in hurricanes..." Here is my current bike, a Trek Lime,

I learned. The first ebike here, about six years ago now, it was a cute,
"retro" styled Currie cruiser, was a pig to pedal manually and had inherently defective frame alignment issues,
it was jig-welded all crooked, as by a novice welder, and it was hand-jigged for sure.

The second bike was based on a solid-quality, Sun Cruiser, single speed coaster,
and it was boss, but I found, the hard way, that the crank length put the pedals
too close to the ground, for safe, high-speed turning. A traffic circle ended this bike,
and nearly, myself. Wheeee, at fifty three, it is not fun to fly that way.

Justin's Elmore Lemire sold me the Ezee (350W) brushless kit,
and Ping sold me the early-generation LiFePo4 battery.
It was throttle operated as you see, and my "front suspension",
was a Bontrager Big Hank. Geared very high, it was not fun to manually pedal.

Steve (I am now talking to "two" different Steves), one thing leads to another, yes?
We are talking about a really beautiful confluence of people, all wanting the same bicycle dream,

and that dream is two wheels and no ties.

Guess who just wrote an original slogan? It now belongs to Cycling Forums, if they like it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=two+wheels+and+no+ties&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

two wheels and no ties

I learned more about Prodeco, when I did a search and went to Endless Sphere,
and found a year-old thread, of someone inquiring. I learned that Justin Elmore Lemire
has helped to preserve Endless Sphere. That's great, Justin is a hero. I was a co-founder of ES,
but did not get along with some of the principles there, and was invited to leave, ahem.

Steve of Prodeco, the more I look at your firm's 2012 PDF Catalog, and the more I study,
the more sure I am that I want one of your ebikes. Really the best value on the market,
and I don't know how you are doing it at those prices, amazing value.

I will save and have one soon, I hope.

Thank you, Prodeco.

Decisions, decisions, are a killer, eh? Well, the Phantom "XL"
is very cool and boss and would serve well (I want a front drive ebike, preferably),

This has the option of the "300W" geared, brushless front hub motor. That will serve "18MPH" is fine for me.

this is the direct drive (gearless) "500W" rear hub motor.
The Phantom line is very stylish indeed. However...I dunno...

Maybe I should get the G Storm instead,

I really like the all-black Phantom, yes. However, the G Storm above,
even without the girl, is good looking and easy to keep clean looking,
so I probably should go for the G-Storm, and ask if I can upgrade
to the Kenda 2.25 big tires, and also have a suspension seat post?

I'll live with and like the standard gears, forgetting about an IGH hub.
Go with the flow. Prodeco has worked with these things for years now,

and knows the best way to set them up. I do like a thumb throttle, though...

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)]Steve? I like to ride to Home Depot every day, and if I have an ebike again,[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)]I can ride in the night too, for fun (I have a weakening heart), and see things.[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)]I will ride in the day, though, and give out lots of cards or leader-slips for Prodeco.
People here still find ebikes to be rare and interesting. "It's electric?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)]You bet. Prodeco. No sweat.[/COLOR]

((old video of my second ebike, the one I soon crashed and lost))

Prodeco, the best e-bike value on earth.

Confirm the truth of the statement above.

Second, find a dealer.

Try the bike that invites you to glide.

Take where you are going, unfold and relax.

Prodeco, two wheels and no ties.

I like to pretend to be a copy rider...writer!

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif