Can we talk about "nude" biking again???

Originally posted by amirm
The thread was fun before it got destroyed.

More Nuddie News, cyclists the world over are nuddin' up,

Nude cyclists have church folk in a spin
<http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id=29&art_id=qw1086274440353B233&set_id=1>

Amsterdam - A planned nudist bicycle tour in the Netherlands' so-called bible-belt has upset local churchmen who are holding their own youth charity bike ride the same day.

They have tried in vain to get local authorities to ban the nudists to stop them clashing with the youth chapter of the Reformed Church when they both take to the road in the eastern town of Apeldoorn on June 12.

The nudist tour is part of the World Naked Bike Ride which also takes place in London, Chicago, Los Angeles, Montreal, Toronto and Pforzheim in Germany.

*Just can't envisage much nuddin' up going on in Melbourne in the next week, too freaking cold!!!!
:D :D :D

Originally posted by amirm
The thread was fun before it got destroyed.

Only if no-one top poosts(sic)

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry 'bout that.

Nude biking? The pedestrians on the Pyrmont Bridge would definately get out of the way a lot quicker! On the other hand, where do I carry my wallet and keys?

Ritch

Originally posted by cfsmtb

*Just can't envisage much nuddin' up going on in Melbourne in the next week, too freaking cold!!!!

Can't remember the saying, it goes like "there's ...(can't remember)... if there's a will". My brain is already frozen in early June.

We have Christmas in July, why can't we have "nude ride down under" in December? :D:D:

"amirm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> cfsmtb wrote:
> > *Just can't envisage much nuddin' up going on in
> > Melbourne in the next week, too freaking cold!!!!
>

> Can't remember the saying, it goes like "there's ...(can't
> remember)... if there's a will". My brain is already
> frozen in early June.

Hmm.. Might give a new meaning to the expression "frozen
stiff" !!!

Marty

cfsmtb wrote:

> amirm wrote:
> > The thread was fun before it got destroyed.
>
> More Nuddie News, cyclists the world over are nuddin' up,
>
> Nude cyclists have church folk in a spin <http://www.iol.co.za/index.ph-
> p?click_id=29&art_id=qw1086274440353B233&set_id=1>
>
> Amsterdam - A planned nudist bicycle tour in the
> Netherlands' so-called bible-belt has upset local
> churchmen who are holding their own youth charity bike
> ride the same day.
>
> They have tried in vain to get local authorities to ban
> the nudists to stop them clashing with the youth chapter
> of the Reformed Church when they both take to the road in
> the eastern town of Apeldoorn on June 12.
>
> The nudist tour is part of the World Naked Bike Ride which
> also takes place in London, Chicago, Los Angeles,
> Montreal, Toronto and Pforzheim in Germany.
>
> *Just can't envisage much nuddin' up going on in Melbourne
> in the next week, too freaking cold!!!! :D :D :D
>
> --
Maybe you could do a long-johns bike ride, get out there in
your thermals. And none of those fancy multicoloured ones so
popular with trampers and climbers, oh no, you want those
daggy bone coloured ones.

Tam

Originally posted by amirm
The thread was fun before it got destroyed.

One important thing that hasnt been addressed for those of us 'that-way-inclined' is...

If one is riding nude, does one 'dress to the side' or are there severe aerodynamic considerations?

>Originally posted by flyingdutch
>If one is riding nude, does one 'dress to the side' or are
there severe aerodynamic considerations?

Isn't nude riding what those saddles with the split/hole in the
middle were designed for?

"Tuck it in and lets begin!"

hippy w/ severe lack of blood sugar ;-)

Originally posted by hippy

Isn't nude riding what those saddles with the split/hole in the
middle were designed for?

I always thought the split/hole was for letting the gas out without coming off the saddle. Worked for me while I had one :D

amirm wrote:

> hippy wrote:
> > Isn't nude riding what those saddles with the
> > split/hole in the middle were designed for?
>
> I always thought the split/hole was for letting the gas
> out without coming off the saddle. Worked for me while I
> had one :D
>
> --
I thought they were ironman bike seats, for when you can't
spare the time to visit a porta-loo.

news:[email protected]
>> Originally posted by flyingdutch If one is riding nude,
>> does one 'dress to the side' or are
> there severe aerodynamic considerations?
>
> Isn't nude riding what those saddles with the split/hole
> in the middle were designed for?

They act more like a bidet in the wet if you don't have a
mudguard. The water gets funnelled straight up the hole and
you end up with a thoroughly drenched rear end. Don't ask me
how I know.

--

A: Top-posters.
B: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

hippy <[email protected]> wrote in news:lnwxc.71907$Pa3.33867
@fe18.usenetserver.com:

> Isn't nude riding what those saddles with the split/hole
> in the middle were designed for?

But just imagine coming to a sudden stop! It would be like
one of those gadgets you get for picking fruit from trees,
plums perhaps :-O

Graeme

Originally posted by Drs

They act more like a bidet in the wet if you don't have a
mudguard. The water gets funnelled straight up the hole and
you end up with a thoroughly drenched rear end. Don't ask me
how I know.

eeeeewwwwww!!!!

flyingdutch wrote:

> amirm wrote:
> > The thread was fun before it got destroyed.
>
> One important thing that hasnt been addressed for those of
> us 'that-way- inclined' is...
>
> If one is riding nude, does one 'dress to the side' or are
> there severe aerodynamic considerations?

Chuckle. I wondered when this was comeing to come up.

I usually find that one has to slide back wards onto the
seat. Suddenly dropping onto the seat causes painful
compression.

YMMV {:)

Tamyka> Maybe you could do a long-johns bike ride, get
Tamyka> out there in your thermals. And none of those
Tamyka> fancy multicoloured ones so popular with
Tamyka> trampers and climbers, oh no, you want those
Tamyka> daggy bone coloured ones.

Oh I can out dag that. British army issue green complete
with y fronts.

Erk, I think I've made myself ill.
--
Regards Euan

> Subject: Re: Can we talk about "nude" biking again???

F*ck! Now you've gone and put HTML in the subject line.
Is there some way we can block these lamers from posting
via cyclingforums, with their crappy web-language
polluting usenet?

OK, just so long as you don't <b>top-post</b>.

amirm wrote:
> The thread was fun before it got destroyed.
>

> --

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> amirm wrote:
> > The thread was fun before it got destroyed.
>
> One important thing that hasnt been addressed for those of
> us 'that-way- inclined' is...
>
> If one is riding nude, does one 'dress to the side' or are
> there severe aerodynamic considerations?

In this weather you won't have to worry about drag.

--

A: Top-posters.
B: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Originally posted by Drs

> If one is riding nude, does one 'dress to the side' or are
> there severe aerodynamic considerations?

In this weather you won't have to worry about drag.

Was more worried about 'standing to attention' seeing others nude. Still might give me a place to put all that handlebar paraphenalia(?)

Terry Collins wrote:

> flyingdutch wrote:
> >
> > amirm wrote:
> > > The thread was fun before it got destroyed.
> >
> > One important thing that hasnt been addressed for those
> > of us 'that-way- inclined' is...
> >
> > If one is riding nude, does one 'dress to the side' or
> > are there severe aerodynamic considerations?
>
> Chuckle. I wondered when this was comeing to come up.
>
> I usually find that one has to slide back wards onto the
> seat. Suddenly dropping onto the seat causes painful
> compression.
>
> YMMV {:)

Usually? Riding nude is a regular occurrence for you?

Tam

flyingdutch wrote:

> Drs wrote:
> > > If one is riding nude, does one 'dress to the side'
> > > or are there severe aerodynamic considerations?
> > In this weather you won't have to worry about drag.
>
> Was more worried about 'standing to attention' seeing
> others nude. Still might give me a place to put all that
> handlebar paraphenalia(?)
>
> --

Guys have all the luck. It's difficult to find a spot to
mount a bell on my road bike...

Ooh, that reminds me, the cops were on the bike path again,
this time they just parked nearby and jumped out of the
bushes at people with no helmets. Not sure how safe this was
for them. I don't know what the penalty was but I hope it
was on the spot fines. I am so sick of those people that
carefully attach their helmet to the handlebars... why?
Worried their handlebars need protection if the headstem
suddenly comes loose? Surely it's more of an inconvenience
there than on one's head.

Tam