Can you Believe the Nerve of this "Motorist"

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by bikemike55, May 11, 2011.

1. bikemike55

bikemike55 New Member

Hi out there to all my fellow cyclists. I've recently come across a growing and disturbing group on the web, they are a anti - bicycle movement, www.ihatebicycles.com. These ignorant fools think bicycles and cyclists are a joke, smug and in the way. Check there crap out at www.ihatebicycles.com , I left a nasty blog on there hopefully they can some day change there ways and realize what morons and closed minded fools they really are. Forever a cyclist, a cyclist forever.....Bike Mike

Tags:

2. YosemiteGirl

YosemiteGirl New Member

Wow that is really horrible. I used to bike all the time as a kid, and now that I'm getting back into it as an adult I have been super surprised how many motorists are annoyed by bicycles, don't understand hand signals, or have just plain road rage when confronted with someone on a bike.

Read the vehicle code, people. We are just like cars and are required to act as such.

3. kdelong

kdelong Well-Known Member

Like one of the comments to one of the posters said, "Being despised by imbeciles is its own reward". The posts and comments run 5 against bikes versus 9 for bikes. I don't think it is a problem, more like a joke.

4. clearlybored

clearlybored New Member

The website looks like its pretty tongue in cheek to me. Relax people.

5. maydog

maydog Well-Known Member

Tongue in cheek? The guy might want to tone down the sarcasm then, one of the photos on the site has what I believe to be a fatal car vs. cyclists crash in Mexico. It is not humorous to make fun of that regardless of how you regard cyclists.

His site: http://ihatebicycles.com/?page_id=2
    The article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24943229/ns/world_news-americas/t/dead-car-plows-mexican-bike-race/

Even if he is just trolling, that is bad form.