Can you fit bikes in Renault Kangoo...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by -Lsqnot Respond, Feb 17, 2003.

  1. ...without folding the rear seats down?

    And, can you fit a tandem in with the seats folded down?

    Tags:

  2. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    I've got a Citroen Berlingo (similar but not the same) and the answer is NO and NO. The only bike
    you will fit in with the rear seats up is a Brompton. "[Not Responding]"
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > ...without folding the rear seats down?
    >
    > And, can you fit a tandem in with the seats folded down?

  3. Steve Watkin <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've got a Citroen Berlingo (similar but not the same) and the answer is
    NO
    > and NO. The only bike you will fit in with the rear seats up is a
    Brompton. snipped Hi Steve, I have the Berlingo on my shortlist for replacing my current car and
    wonder if I can fit in two adult touring bikes with the vehicles back seats folded forward.
    PS, we also have a Brompton each. A little OT but we will use the Berlingo, I'm considering the HDi
    diesel, to tow our small (900 kg max) caravan, any views. TIA Roger

  4. [email protected] schreef ...
    > ...without folding the rear seats down?
    >
    > And, can you fit a tandem in with the seats folded down?

    No, you can fit a tandem with just one seat folded down! That is to say, a couple I know managed to
    fit their Ibis tandem with the wheels removed *and* a Burley Solo into a Kangoo with just one rear
    seat folded down. On the remaining seat their small son resides until the bike ride begins with him
    in tow. Brilliant cars, these Kangoos!

    --
    Regards, Marten

  5. [email protected] schreef ...
    > I've got a Citroen Berlingo (similar but not the same) and the answer is NO and NO. The only bike
    > you will fit in with the rear seats up is a Brompton.

    With the seats "up", maybe, but with the seats down: no problem.

    > "[Not Responding]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > ...without folding the rear seats down?
    > >
    > > And, can you fit a tandem in with the seats folded down?

    BTW: our Cannondale MT3000 used to fit into a Citro├źn C15 and an Opel Corsa Combo (that would be a
    Vauxhall in the UK) with the front wheel removed. Strangely it wouldn't fit the commercial
    Berlingo/Partner. Something to do with the way the load area is shaped. I couldn't fit the last
    18-20 cms into the car, no matter what I tried.

    In the end we bought a Mercedes Vito but that was also necessary to tow a horse trailer ;-) Now the
    tandems sits merrily inside with all the wheels in place.

    --
    Regards, Marten

  6. [email protected] schreef ...

    > Steve Watkin <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I've got a Citroen Berlingo (similar but not the same) and the answer is
    > NO
    > > and NO. The only bike you will fit in with the rear seats up is a
    > Brompton. snipped Hi Steve, I have the Berlingo on my shortlist for replacing my current car and
    > wonder if I can fit in two adult touring bikes with the vehicles back seats folded forward.

    I'm absolutely sure you can fit them; perhaps you'll need to remove the front wheels. On Kangoos you
    can get a crossbar with two quick-releases that fits into the cargo space. Remove the front wheels
    of the bikes, clamp them down with the QRs and off you go - don't leave the front wheels at home
    though ;-)

    > PS, we also have a Brompton each. A little OT but we will use the Berlingo, I'm considering the
    > HDi diesel, to tow our small (900 kg max) caravan, any views.

    Great towcar for this kind of weight.

    --
    Regards, Marten