Can you fit bikes in Renault Kangoo...

-Lsqnot Respond

Guest
...without folding the rear seats down?

And, can you fit a tandem in with the seats folded down?

I've got a Citroen Berlingo (similar but not the same) and the answer is NO and NO. The only bike
you will fit in with the rear seats up is a Brompton. "[Not Responding]"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> ...without folding the rear seats down?
>
> And, can you fit a tandem in with the seats folded down?

Steve Watkin <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've got a Citroen Berlingo (similar but not the same) and the answer is
NO
> and NO. The only bike you will fit in with the rear seats up is a
Brompton. snipped Hi Steve, I have the Berlingo on my shortlist for replacing my current car and
wonder if I can fit in two adult touring bikes with the vehicles back seats folded forward.
PS, we also have a Brompton each. A little OT but we will use the Berlingo, I'm considering the HDi
diesel, to tow our small (900 kg max) caravan, any views. TIA Roger

[email protected] schreef ...
> ...without folding the rear seats down?
>
> And, can you fit a tandem in with the seats folded down?

No, you can fit a tandem with just one seat folded down! That is to say, a couple I know managed to
fit their Ibis tandem with the wheels removed *and* a Burley Solo into a Kangoo with just one rear
seat folded down. On the remaining seat their small son resides until the bike ride begins with him
in tow. Brilliant cars, these Kangoos!

--
Regards, Marten

[email protected] schreef ...
> I've got a Citroen Berlingo (similar but not the same) and the answer is NO and NO. The only bike
> you will fit in with the rear seats up is a Brompton.

With the seats "up", maybe, but with the seats down: no problem.

> "[Not Responding]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > ...without folding the rear seats down?
> >
> > And, can you fit a tandem in with the seats folded down?

BTW: our Cannondale MT3000 used to fit into a Citroën C15 and an Opel Corsa Combo (that would be a
Vauxhall in the UK) with the front wheel removed. Strangely it wouldn't fit the commercial
Berlingo/Partner. Something to do with the way the load area is shaped. I couldn't fit the last
18-20 cms into the car, no matter what I tried.

In the end we bought a Mercedes Vito but that was also necessary to tow a horse trailer ;-) Now the
tandems sits merrily inside with all the wheels in place.

--
Regards, Marten

[email protected] schreef ...

> Steve Watkin <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I've got a Citroen Berlingo (similar but not the same) and the answer is
> NO
> > and NO. The only bike you will fit in with the rear seats up is a
> Brompton. snipped Hi Steve, I have the Berlingo on my shortlist for replacing my current car and
> wonder if I can fit in two adult touring bikes with the vehicles back seats folded forward.

I'm absolutely sure you can fit them; perhaps you'll need to remove the front wheels. On Kangoos you
can get a crossbar with two quick-releases that fits into the cargo space. Remove the front wheels
of the bikes, clamp them down with the QRs and off you go - don't leave the front wheels at home
though ;-)

> PS, we also have a Brompton each. A little OT but we will use the Berlingo, I'm considering the
> HDi diesel, to tow our small (900 kg max) caravan, any views.

Great towcar for this kind of weight.

--
Regards, Marten