Can You Get Hemorrhoids From Sitting Too Long In A Bike?

Vickeree

Mar 11, 2015
I'm not a professional cycle but I attended indoor cycling classes and used the bike machine in my local gym before. Sometimes my butt would get sore after long workouts... almost feels like hemorrhoids?!?

Is this normal? My guess is I'm probably just doing something wrong. Anyone with similar experiences?

It may be your positioning... just pressure on the wrong spot or spots. If you adjust the seat it may help.

It does sound like it is simply a case of 'wrong setup' on the saddle. What is good for one person is often **** for another and your backside also changes with time and weight loss/gain so what was once a great saddle suddenly becomes uncomfortable.

Without more intimate questions being answered, we can only guess but a few other things spring to mind.
You mention haemorrhoids, so I am assuming we are talking about the anal ring and the area immediately around it. Without putting too fine a point on it, what is your hygiene like. Men are not always know for cleaning that area particularly well and the obvious mixed with sweat and left to fester can create sore spots that would mimic haemorrhoids but clear very quickly on washing and applying a suitable antibacterial cream.

Also how often do you change your cycling shorts and how often are they washed? All of this can lead to a bacteria build up mixed with sweat from indoor cycling and gym work.... you see where I am leading?

It is hard to really give any other advise other than look up what haemorrhoids actually are and consult your doctor if you feel it is a problem.