can you get HIV from a toilet seat?

"W_B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dr CeePhD
uses don't exist
> and... the germ theory of disease is a farce. What do
> you say ?
============================
Well according to some people on this NG a liver fluke
causes AIDS. Not to worry! Just have the victims zapped and
cleansed.... no more AIDS.
--
Kim in the MHA "Twilight Zone"..... Please note, I don't
wish to get involved in any personal conflicts between the

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The reason no one gets HIV from toilet seats is because it
> is a myth. The govt pushes HIV as a killer because this is
> how the govt can control people thru fear.

Control them for WHAT using a disease such as AIDS? Everyone
*should* fear

--
Kim Please note, I don't wish to get involved in any
personal conflicts between the posters here. I'm simply
looking for answers.

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Has it really been isolated? Anth
=============
YES! According to Ms Clark it's caused by a liver Fluke and
easily cured with her cleanse and zapper program. You get to
spend a month in her Grade C clinic where you unload your
cash..... thousands a week Someone else gets to pick
through, filter, handle and play with your diarrhea looking
for something resembling a fluke.
--
Kim .... heading for the "Outer Limits" of alt health... and
sanity. Please note, I don't wish to get involved in any
personal conflicts between the posters here. I'm simply
looking for answers.

> "Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:l5adnRzlLKOVDc_dRVn-
> [email protected]...
> > Now you've gone off the wall. HIV has been isolated and
> > identified by researchers. It can be tested for and the
> > outcome predicted. It can also
> be
> > spread by usual STD methods.
> >
> > "DRCEEPHD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040312222817.15000.00001531@mb-
> > m18.aol.com...

> > > Yuk, yuk,yuk.
> > >
> > > HIV does not live at all. It is all a joke, or a hoax,
> > > which ever you
> > prefer.
> > >
> > > Drugs cause AIDS. Immune suppressive drugs, both
> > > recreactional or
> > prescribed
> > > causes AIDS. Your doc will give you even more powerful
> > > immune
> suppressive
> > > drugs to "prolong" your life, not "cure you", yet you
> > > die sooner
rather
> > than
> > > later.
> > >
> > > This is like having a hole in your automobile tire
> > > and having the doc
> put
> > > another hole in your tire to make it last longer.
> > >
> > > The "deception" still goes on.
> > >
> > > DrC PhD.

>The reason no one gets HIV from toilet seats is because it
>is a myth. The govt pushes HIV as a killer because this is
>how the govt can control people thru fear.
>
>Why is it that polio and every other virus has been
>isolated and a vacine developed but the AIDS virus has
>never even been isolated.

HIV has been isolated.

>If you read the small print on an HIV test kit purchased in
>the drug stores, you will see that it says that is it a
>test for HTLV-III.

I doubt it. But it really shouldn't say that anyway; that's
an old and incorrect name for what's now known as HIV.

>It is not testing for the AIDS virus because such a virus
>has never been isolated.

It has been isolated, as have many of its variants.

>Even at the world AIDS conference, it was admitted that the
>AIDS virus has never been isolated.

Many foolish and incorrect things were said at that
conference. Some of the people who said them have now
started to back away from things they said.

>As to being HIV positive, that means you are carrying the
>antibody for HTLV-III. The only way your body can produce
>an antibody is if you get a virus and then your body
>produces or manufactures an antibody which it uses to
>defeat the disease.

No. Not "defeat". Just to attack it. There is no guarantee
that the attack will be successful.

>So, that means if you are HIV positive, you fought off HTLV-
>III virus. That means you don't have it anymore and it
>never was AIDs in the first place.

No, that's not what it means. If it were, nobody would get
shingles, because the chickenpox virus wouldn't still be in
their bodies.

>What I am writing here is the basic argument that many
>scientists argue as to why AIDS does not exist.

Only a few people try to make these arguments now. Many who
used to try have now conceded that HIV does cause AIDS.

>It's all about the funding, the money. Follow the money.
>AIDS is a conspiracy. Our press doesn't report any of this
>because they are owned by major corporations and are in
>cooperating with the Federal Govt.

Uh huh. Whenever anyone hauls out a conspiracy theory like
this one, it's time to roll your eyes and leave.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

Gymmy Bob wrote:

> Getting HIV from a toilet seat would be fluid exchange,
> would it not?

Not unless, as has been described already, the toileter had
an open wound. Unbroken skin, no fluid "exchange."

> The virus can live outside the body, only for a short
> time, but it can, can it not?

Yes. Sunlight, oxygen, lack of humidity destroys it quickly.
But. I think I can see where you're going.

Over here in misc.health.aids we've heard all kinds of Rube
Goldberg scenaria of improbable paths of infection routes.

It simply doesn't happen that way. If you don't believe us
lay folk, you can ask a health professional at The Body,
http://www.thebody.com

B/

Ron Hunter wrote:

> Mark wrote:

> > This story is as silly as the ones where the prom queen
> > gets pregnant by going in a public swimming pool.
> >
> > Mark, MD

You must lead a very sheltered life. Or not have swimming
pools in your neighborhood.

B/

"Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message

blood was
> involved.

Vaginal fluids and semen are both contain large amounts of
the virus.

Also the most vulnerable people are those who have minute
tears or other wounds (most notably STD sores) in their
vaginal walls or rectums. The inside of the vagina or rectum
doesn't touch the toilet seat as these are protected parts
of the body.

Moira, the Faerie Godmother

"Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Getting HIV from a toilet seat would be fluid exchange,
> would it
not?

No, it would not be fluid exchange because the fluids that
can get onto a toilet seat are not the ones which are
problematic (menstrual blood excepted) and *then* how
would that get into a vulnerable part of the receiving
person's body.

> The virus can live outside the body, only for a short
> time, but it
can, can
> it not?

72 seconds, I'm told.

One is unlikely to sit on a toilet seat which is covered
in menstrual blood less than 72 seconds after it was
vacated, and then to introduce that menstrual blood into
personal orifices.

The usual fluid on a toilet seat would be urine which has
little or no HI Virus in it. And even then, most women are
cautious about sitting on public seats without checking
they're dry. In our homes we tend to trust our menfolk if
they prove to be trustworthy as regards toilet seats. For my
part I'll happily put the toilet seat down when I want to
use it if the men agree to lift it up. :)

Moira, the Faerie Godmother

"Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Why do people die from AIDS every day then?

Technically they don't. They die of HIV related diseases.
That's what most AIDS denialists deny - the link between HIV
and AIDS. Of course, with modern medicine (and the new
developments which are being made regularly) there will be
no need to die of HIV related anythings in the future,
except perhaps, that small percentage of people who will
react sufficiently badly sufficiently quickly to the drugs
used to control HIV.

I long for a world in which there is a vaccine to prevent
transmission of HIV and adequate treatment for HIV to ensure
that we have an AIDS free world.

Moira, the Faerie Godmother

"Kim" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Control them for WHAT using a disease such as AIDS?
> Everyone
*should* fear

60% of the HIV positive married women in Africa have not
ever been unfaithful to their husbands. Their husbands have
been unfaithful to them and because they were unable or
unwilling to protect

is to impregnate the woman.

Moira, the Faerie Godmother

"Brian Mailman" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Over here in misc.health.aids we've heard all kinds of
> Rube
Goldberg
> scenaria of improbable paths of infection routes.

The problem is that there is a stigma attached to being HIV

the stigma we'll get over the "I'm HIV positive because I
went to the doctor in 1972 for a vaccination" or "I got it
from the next door neighbour's HIV positive child's
lollypop" kind of drivel.

the virus. When we start accepting that and not asking how
people acquired HIV and loving and caring for people who are
HIV positive then the problem of improbable paths of
infection routes will go away and people will start taking
responsibility for the ways in which they *can* protect
themselves from acquiring the virus.

The answer to the question "How did you get the virus?" that
I like best is the one which says "The only reason that
people want to know that is so they can make moral value
judgements about the person who is HIV positive." Another
one I like is a gentle comment that no-one asks a pregnant
woman how she got pregnant.

Moira, the Faerie Godmother

"Moira de Swardt" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I long for a world in which there is a vaccine to prevent
>transmission of HIV and adequate treatment for HIV to
>ensure that we have an AIDS free world.

Tragically, and almost unbelievably, there are people
actively campaigning against research into an AIDS vaccine.
When people ask me why I find the anti-vaccination liars so
vile and appalling, I only have to think of the deaths
these vermin cause and their disregard for life to know
that I am right.

Have a look at http://www.protectmedicalfreedom.com, but
make sure you have a bucket handy to catch the vomit

--
Peter Bowditch
The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

Very well said!!!

David

"Moira de Swardt" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> "Brian Mailman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > Over here in misc.health.aids we've heard all kinds
> > of Rube
> Goldberg
> > scenaria of improbable paths of infection routes.
>
> The problem is that there is a stigma attached to
> being HIV

> the stigma we'll get over the "I'm HIV positive because I
> went to the doctor in 1972 for a vaccination" or "I got it
> from the next door neighbour's HIV positive child's
> lollypop" kind of drivel.
>

> the virus. When we start accepting that and not asking how
> people acquired HIV and loving and caring for people who
> are HIV positive then the problem of improbable paths of
> infection routes will go away and people will start taking
> responsibility for the ways in which they *can* protect
> themselves from acquiring the virus.
>
> The answer to the question "How did you get the virus?"
> that I like best is the one which says "The only reason
> that people want to know that is so they can make moral
> value judgements about the person who is HIV positive."
> Another one I like is a gentle comment that no-one asks a
> pregnant woman how she got pregnant.
>
> Moira, the Faerie Godmother

I'm sympathetic to those inflicted with HIV. But I want to
prove my pitch about increasing the s/n ratio to improve
rec.photo.digital's dynamics. So how about removing it's
name in the send box. Thanks.

"Peter Bowditch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Moira de Swardt" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I long for a world in which there is a vaccine to prevent
> >transmission of HIV and adequate treatment for HIV to
> >ensure that we have an AIDS free world.
>
> Tragically, and almost unbelievably, there are people
> actively campaigning against research into an AIDS
> vaccine. When people ask me why I find the anti-
> vaccination liars so vile and appalling, I only have to
> think of the deaths these vermin cause and their disregard
> for life to know that I am right.
>
> Have a look at http://www.protectmedicalfreedom.com, but
> make sure you have a bucket handy to catch the vomit
>

> --
> Peter Bowditch The Millenium Project
> http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles The Green Light
> http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight and The New Improved
> Quintessence of the Loon with added Vitamins and
C-Q10 http://www.ratbags.com/loon
> To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

In article <[email protected]>,
Peter Bowditch <[email protected]> wrote:
>"Moira de Swardt" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I long for a world in which there is a vaccine to prevent
>>transmission of HIV and adequate treatment for HIV to
>>ensure that we have an AIDS free world.
>
>Tragically, and almost unbelievably, there are people
>actively campaigning against research into an AIDS vaccine.
>When people ask me why I find the anti-vaccination liars so
>vile and appalling, I only have to think of the deaths
>these vermin cause and their disregard for life to know
>that I am right.
>
>Have a look at http://www.protectmedicalfreedom.com, but
>make sure you have a bucket handy to catch the vomit

How do you find this stuff? Nauseating.

(Handy red flag -- any time you see a web site quoting
Nicholas Regush, set your ******** detectors to maximum.)

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

"Peter Bowditch" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Tragically, and almost unbelievably, there are people
> actively campaigning against research into an AIDS
> vaccine. When people ask
me
> why I find the anti-vaccination liars so vile and
> appalling, I
only
> have to think of the deaths these vermin cause and their
> disregard
for
> life to know that I am right.

> Have a look at http://www.protectmedicalfreedom.com, but
> make sure
you
> have a bucket handy to catch the vomit

I had a look. The sentence "The AIDS vaccine might
eventually be targeted at people without AIDS" is
hysterical.

Moira, the Faerie Godmother

Moira de Swardt wrote:

> "Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > Why do people die from AIDS every day then?
>
> Technically they don't. They die of HIV related diseases.
> That's what most AIDS denialists deny - the link between
> HIV and AIDS.

I believe what Moira is saying is that these diseases
already exist. But. In HIV folk, what happens is that since
the immune system is compromised it either cannot fight off
the disease (thus the phrase "opportunistic infections,"
since now there's an opportunity to be infected) AND/OR the
disease becomes much more dangerous than in someone who's
not immunocompromised.

An example of the former case would a pneumonia called
"pneumocystis" or "PCP." It's everywhere. People breathe in
the mold/fungus hundreds if not thousands of times each day.
But in a healthy immune system it's destroyed right away and
does no damage. In the severely compromised (under 200 t-
cells/CD4s) it cannot be fought off when contracted. It's
treatable, but if left untreated will be 100% fatal.

In the latter case is Karposi's Sarcoma (KS, the blood
vessel "cancer" that causes those purple/brown patches, Tom
Hanks sported some in "Philadelphia."). Until HIV/AIDS it
was confined to elderly men of Mediterranean extraction. And
even then, it was slow-growing, not internalized, and rarely
fatal. People could have it for many years and die of
something else. In HIV/AIDS, it becomes "fulminant."
Widespread, internal (the lesions form in the gut and
lungs), and quite fast developing.

In other words, people don't die of AIDS, per se. Acquired
Immune Deficiency _SYNDROME_. People die of a spectrum of
diseases that HIV sets in motion to occur.

B/

Moira de Swardt wrote:

> The answer to the question "How did you get the virus?"
> that I like best is the one which says "The only reason
> that people want to know that is so they can make moral
> value judgements about the person who is HIV positive."

Some years ago there was a movie made by the German Rosa von
Prauheim. It was titled "A Virus Knows No Morals."

Nobody asks how you got the flu. Chickenpox. Measles.
Shingles, und so weiter.

B/

Please remove rec photo digital from your send list
otherwise I will forward your next off topic post to
warez and I can't be held responsible for your over
driven monitor.

news:[email protected]...