can you get HIV from a toilet seat?

"Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What was your point? Answer the question in the subject in
> every troll you post.
>
> "Mekon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:NWQ5c.106907$Wa.23321@news-
> server.bigpond.net.au...
> >
> > "Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > and then the conclusion is that HIV can be transmitted
> > > via the toilet
> seat
> > > since it doesn't have to be transmitted only via
> > > blood.
> > >

> > I think you aught to look in places other than toilet
> > seats for
infection
> > sources:
> >
> > http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/919_611924,001800-
> > 05.htm
> >
> > Mekon

Well if you can't see the relevance of that post then you
would probably struggle to follow any other arguments I
might make so I guess my part in this discussion is over.

Mekon

"Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:WPOdndXiMapuTMXdRVn-
[email protected]...
> What was your point? Answer the question in the subject in
> every troll you post.
=======================
Every troll he posts? Put that crack-pipe down. You're
becoming irrational again.
--
Kim "Thou seest the mote in thy brother's eye, but thou
seest not the beam in thine own eye. When thou castest the

"Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Cripes we didn't even know how HIV was transmitted 10
> years ago
and we still
> haven't agreed how it migrated from Green Monkeys to
> humans even
though it
> looks very obvious.

We knew *exactly* how HIV was transmitted twenty years ago
or even more. And it wasn't from toilet seats.

Moira, the Faerie Godmother

"Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> We have established that HIV viruses can live outside
> the human
body for
> short periods of time.

72 seconds. In blood, semen or vaginal fluid.

> We have established that blood is not necessary to
> transmit HIV to
another
> human.

No, but blood, semen or vaginal fluid - or breast milk - is.

> Now we have established that HIV can be comunicated via
> a toilet
seat.

We still haven't established how blood, semen, vaginal fluid
or breast milk would get from a toilet seat into a
vulnerable part of another human being within 72 seconds.
Give me just one likely scenario and I'll happily imagine
that all the people I meet who are HIV positive acquired it
in that way. Although most HIV positive people look like the
bonkable type.

> Is that logic too hard for y'all?

You do know the difference between logic and rationale,
don't you? Your thinking may be logical, but it certainly
isn't rational.

Moira, the Faerie Godmother