Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Can you ID this bike?

Started by Txhoss · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,042 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
19 April 2007
Last activity
20 April 2007
Original author
Txhoss
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,042
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Aloha. My name is Aaron Brown and I am new to the forums.

    I am trying to get into cycling but have a huge issue. I am cheap and am having a hard time spending $1500 for a quality road bike. I have found the one that is attached in the picture for a reasonable price but have no idea what I am looking at.

    If you can ID the bike I would be very anxious to hear what you think about that bike. What you think about that bike for a beginner and what you think that it is worth. Thanks for your time in advance.

    Aaron

  2. Trek OCLV (Carbon Fiber). Looks like probably around '96-'98 before they went to Aheadsets. I can't remember exactly what components came on this particular model/color, I believe it was Ultegra or Dura Ace (it's been a while since I wrenched on one). OCLV frames hold their value quite well, especially in good condition. They were around $1700-$2200 depending on where you shopped...so depending on condition, upgrades, etc. You should expect that it's worth at least half...IMO...[img]cyclingforums.combiggrin.gif[/img]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.