Can you mate Campy ergo shifters with shimano?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Moser, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Moser

Moser New Member

I like the feel of the ergo levers, but don't want to change my drive train. Is it possible? Anyone attempted this?

Tags:

2. mjw_byrne

mjw_byrne New Member

With the front (left) shifter, it should be OK, as Campy front shifters are more or less friction shifters. With the rear - maybe. Depending what Shimano kit you have, the spacing of the cogs will be more or less similar to the Campy spacing. You might find the indexing is a little fussy. Also, I dunno if this works better with a Campy or Shimano rear mech.

3. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

With either 9 or 10 speed drivetrains,the cog spacing is close enough that it works either way.You can also use a campy 10 shifter on an otherwise shimano 9 setup by using an alternate cable mount at the rear drailer. You can also use campy shifters/RD and aftermarket cassettes with campy spacing on a shimano hub.Lots of possibilities,depending on EXACTLY what you have.

4. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

you actually don't know.

5. chrome frame

chrome frame New Member

Yes, that is what he said. Why repeat that he doesn't know?

6. IanD

IanD New Member

Moser,

I'm currently using '03 Campy Record 10sp ErgoPower levers, Campy 10sp FD double, Campy 10sp RD long cage mated to an Ultegra cassette 9spd 12-27 and Dura-Ace 9spd chain and have not any problems so far after 300 miles.

Regards,

Ian

7. BaCardi

BaCardi New Member

Boudreaux is just trolling for something to pick his nose at. Don't listen to his BS.

8. chrome frame

chrome frame New Member

I understand. I've only been hanging out here for about 3 months or so but I see a lot of his posts. A great deal of them say nothing at all and do not help. They are just plain rude. He seems like he knows quite a bit and can be helpful but who wants help from someone that acts like an ass and treats many people poorly. We should start a thread for people to tell him what they think of his 'help'.