Can you mate Campy ergo shifters with shimano?

Moser

Dec 18, 2003
I like the feel of the ergo levers, but don't want to change my drive train. Is it possible? Anyone attempted this?

Originally posted by Moser
I like the feel of the ergo levers, but don't want to change my drive train. Is it possible? Anyone attempted this?

With the front (left) shifter, it should be OK, as Campy front shifters are more or less friction shifters. With the rear - maybe. Depending what Shimano kit you have, the spacing of the cogs will be more or less similar to the Campy spacing. You might find the indexing is a little fussy. Also, I dunno if this works better with a Campy or Shimano rear mech.

With either 9 or 10 speed drivetrains,the cog spacing is close enough that it works either way.You can also use a campy 10 shifter on an otherwise shimano 9 setup by using an alternate cable mount at the rear drailer. You can also use campy shifters/RD and aftermarket cassettes with campy spacing on a shimano hub.Lots of possibilities,depending on EXACTLY what you have.

Moser,

I'm currently using '03 Campy Record 10sp ErgoPower levers, Campy 10sp FD double, Campy 10sp RD long cage mated to an Ultegra cassette 9spd 12-27 and Dura-Ace 9spd chain and have not any problems so far after 300 miles.

Regards,

Ian

Originally posted by chrome frame
Yes, that is what he said. Why repeat that he doesn't know?

Boudreaux is just trolling for something to pick his nose at. Don't listen to his BS.

Originally posted by BaCardi
Boudreaux is just trolling for something to pick his nose at. Don't listen to his BS.
I understand. I've only been hanging out here for about 3 months or so but I see a lot of his posts. A great deal of them say nothing at all and do not help. They are just plain rude. He seems like he knows quite a bit and can be helpful but who wants help from someone that acts like an ass and treats many people poorly. We should start a thread for people to tell him what they think of his 'help'.