can you ride your age?

ThrillBilly

May 17, 2004
as a child, it was ALL about poppin wheelies! :eek:

at 12, i gave up pedals for 2-wheelers with a motor. :D

at 20, i was too busy drinking beer and chasing girls.

at 30, i could pedal back home whatever the distance.

at 40, i was too busy working to ride. :mad:

i got 45 miles this AM, and i turn 45 this fall. :eek:

Originally posted by ThrillBilly
as a child, it was ALL about poppin wheelies! :eek:

at 12, i gave up pedals for 2-wheelers with a motor. :D

at 20, i was too busy drinking beer and chasing girls.

at 30, i could pedal back home whatever the distance.

at 40, i was too busy working to ride. :mad:

i got 45 miles this AM, and i turn 45 this fall. :eek:

That is what all of my cycling friends MUST do for each birthday - and the rest of us end up going along for the ride. Since I have done many centuries and metric centuries already - I am not worried about ever being able to ride my age. It will be a piece of cake.

at 51 I ride a century no problems... So next time I do a century I'll make sure I add a couple of miles to make it double my age..:)

Come to think of it, my max speed ever was 50mph and it was a year a go, so there..:) It freaked me out and I ain't doing it again..

Well I'm 16 and I've ridden 135 miles. So...how many of us have ridden almost 8.5 times their own age?

Oh yeah this is funny. Isn't that list the way it works? Now you are giving me ideas. I think double your age would be good. TrekDedicated's rule is a good one too. Columbia is 16 years old. Lol I don't think that counts with this question. He's talking about people his age. Of course someone at sixteen can do that amount. Hopefully you will still be doing it in your 40's and 50's. See Sorebutt rides a century. Maybe a new seat would help out there.
This post was made in 2004. It's now 2015 so Thrillbilly is now 56 years old. The rule of their bike group is for each of their birthdays they must do their age in miles. Interesting birthday present to do less than they regularly do.

Reactions: BikeBikeBikeBike
JSWin said:
Oh yeah this is funny. Isn't that list the way it works? Now you are giving me ideas. I think double your age would be good. TrekDedicated's rule is a good one too. Columbia is 16 years old. Lol I don't think that counts with this question. He's talking about people his age. Of course someone at sixteen can do that amount. Hopefully you will still be doing it in your 40's and 50's. See Sorebutt rides a century. Maybe a new seat would help out there.
This post was made in 2004. It's now 2015 so Thrillbilly is now 56 years old. The rule of their bike group is for each of their birthdays they must do their age in miles. Interesting birthday present to do less than they regularly do.
Wow another thread from the grave, way to give life JS.
But that is pretty fitting context for the subject matter...
I'm pretty confident I will be riding for a few more decades at least.

I don't have a road bike for one thing, so no, I don't think I could do 26 miles. If I did I probably would be too tired to stand up afterwards.

Funny you should have dredged this old chestnut---I did it yesterday.

62 miles on my 62nd birthday.

Sooner or later I'm going to have to switch to kilometers. :D

I can ride 2 and sometimes 3 times my age. I'm not professional sportsman but I keep fit and I'm in good health. Still in the right side of 40 and look at least 5 years younger than what I am. I intend to keep on riding as long as I'm able, hopefully that will be for a very long time. Had an enjoyable ride over the weekend and had no problem passing many of the 16 years old cyclists.

I could in a day if I really wanted, but I get through my age in miles in a week, which will seem like a measly number to some (28).

I should really have a go at this though.