Can you use MTB brake pads on a racer?

Tosspot wrote:

> > That looks similar in principle to the Preciray stand that I have at
> > home, having acquired it from Simon Daw of this parish. A bit more
> > Teutonic over-engineering perhaps. The Preciray definitely has a Gallic
> > character with springs that tend to boing out of place. :)

> Streuth, HEath Robinson would have been proud of that one. What *does*
> it do?

The Preciray? As you rotate the wheel the gauges magnify any deviation
in the rim making it easier to see. They also tell you how much the rim
is out of true in any direction and indicate which spokes to tighten or
loosen and by how much. They also let you correct for dish, flatness
and roundness at the same time. Theoretically.

There's always some waviness in the rim so it's impossible to get a
wheel absolutely perfect but if both pointers stay within a millimetre
of the centre position for a complete rotation of the wheel, the rim is
true to within a third of a millimetre in any direction.

--
Dave...

dkahn400 wrote:
> Tosspot wrote:
>

>>>That looks similar in principle to the Preciray stand that I have at
>>>home, having acquired it from Simon Daw of this parish. A bit more
>>>Teutonic over-engineering perhaps. The Preciray definitely has a Gallic
>>>character with springs that tend to boing out of place. :)

>>Streuth, HEath Robinson would have been proud of that one. What *does*
>>it do?

> The Preciray? As you rotate the wheel the gauges magnify any deviation
> in the rim making it easier to see. They also tell you how much the rim
> is out of true in any direction and indicate which spokes to tighten or
> loosen and by how much. They also let you correct for dish, flatness
> and roundness at the same time. Theoretically.
>
> There's always some waviness in the rim so it's impossible to get a
> wheel absolutely perfect but if both pointers stay within a millimetre
> of the centre position for a complete rotation of the wheel, the rim is
> true to within a third of a millimetre in any direction.

So simple. Looking at it I thought it was an extraterrestrial
knobbiliser the badgers had brought back from Zarg.

Heavy ******* too.

--
Dave...