Canada - Best TV Station for Tour de France ??

Churchill

Guest
I am on Bell Vu Express Satellite, what station is covering the Tour de
France best ? Is there anyone covering it from start to finish each day ? I
will order today, once I find out which one to order!

Thank you

CBS is excellent, as it has one FULL hour of coverage every week?!!!??

Have fun!??!?!?!?

"Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am on Bell Vu Express Satellite, what station is covering the Tour

de
> France best ? Is there anyone covering it from start to finish each

day ? I
> will order today, once I find out which one to order!
>
> Thank you

I had hoped that one of the major sports networks would be carrying it.
OLN I believe is the only station (Vancouver, Channel 49) which I don't
get. If CBC is only showing one hour's worth a week, it would appear
that I won't be seeing it at all. The doping rumours aren't helping to
make it a must see.

"occupant" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I had hoped that one of the major sports networks would be carrying it.
> OLN I believe is the only station (Vancouver, Channel 49) which I don't
> get. If CBC is only showing one hour's worth a week, it would appear
> that I won't be seeing it at all. The doping rumours aren't helping to
> make it a must see.

Hello fellows:

What I thinking about was an ESPN sports "TYPE" channel that show the Tour
de France from start to finish with interesting stories during the ride ?!

Am I dreaming in techno-colour -:)

try and see if they have "canal evasion" .(http://www.canalevasion.com/)..
last year they had a few hours a day of live feed from france with a local
Quebec commentator who pretty much knew his stuff

"Jiyang Chen" wrote:
> CBS is excellent, as it has one FULL hour of coverage every week?!!!??

One FUUL hour (Less the commercials, recaps of what they showed the previous
week, and bits on French tourist attractions).

Art Harris

"Churchill" wrote ...
> I am on Bell Vu Express Satellite, what station is covering the Tour de
> France best ? Is there anyone covering it from start to finish each day ?

> will order today, once I find out which one to order!

We're on cable, and OLN has it. Last year we were on holiday on PEI and
followed the tour on Satellite no problem.

Jim Flom

"what" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> try and see if they have "canal evasion"

..(http://www.canalevasion.com/)..
> last year they had a few hours a day of live feed from france with a local
> Quebec commentator who pretty much knew his stuff

Looks french...

> "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "occupant" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > I had hoped that one of the major sports networks would be carrying

it.
> > > OLN I believe is the only station (Vancouver, Channel 49) which I

don't
> > > get. If CBC is only showing one hour's worth a week, it would appear
> > > that I won't be seeing it at all. The doping rumours aren't helping

> > > make it a must see.

> > Hello fellows:
> >
> > What I thinking about was an ESPN sports "TYPE" channel that show the

Tour
> > de France from start to finish with interesting stories during the ride

?!

?
> > will order today, once I find out which one to order!

> We're on cable, and OLN has it. Last year we were on holiday on PEI and
> followed the tour on Satellite no problem.
>
> Jim Flom

Hi,

What does OLN stand for ?

Are u on Bell Vu Express ? If so, which group of channels does it come in ?

> I am on Bell Vu Express Satellite, what station is covering the Tour de
> France best ? >

It's on OLN, live daily coverage. Check out their website for a broadcast
schedule:

www.facetheelements.com

My preference is to record the live feed in the morning and FF the
commercials later that day. The evening broadcast is an edited package that
tends to hint at the stage result, to me anyway.

Don't bother subscribing for anything but the tour (unless you really like
fishing shows). Canadian OLN does not carry any other cycling, unlike
American OLN which has quite a bit.

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 21:17:46 -0400, "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> "Churchill" wrote ...
>> > I am on Bell Vu Express Satellite, what station is covering the Tour de
>> > France best ? Is there anyone covering it from start to finish each day

>?
>> > will order today, once I find out which one to order!

>> We're on cable, and OLN has it. Last year we were on holiday on PEI and
>> followed the tour on Satellite no problem.
>>
>> Jim Flom

>Hi,
>
>What does OLN stand for ?

Outdoor Life Network http://www.tsn.ca/oln/

J. Spaceman

"Jason Spaceman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 21:17:46 -0400, "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> "Churchill" wrote ...

de

day
> >?
> >>
> >> We're on cable, and OLN has it. Last year we were on holiday on PEI

and
> >> followed the tour on Satellite no problem.
> >>
> >> Jim Flom

> >Hi,
> >
> >What does OLN stand for ?

> Outdoor Life Network http://www.tsn.ca/oln/

So OLN is actually TSN on Bell Express Vu ??

"Churchill" wrote...

> What does OLN stand for ?

See Jason's response for this.

> Are u on Bell Vu Express ? If so, which group of channels does it come in

?

I'm not. I'm running Shaw Cable in BC. The channel I get it on would not
be helpful. Not sure whether the OLN on PEI was USA or C. ;-)

"occupant" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I had hoped that one of the major sports networks would be carrying it.
> OLN I believe is the only station (Vancouver, Channel 49) which I don't
> get. If CBC is only showing one hour's worth a week, it would appear
> that I won't be seeing it at all. The doping rumours aren't helping to
> make it a must see.

Here in Quebec we have "canal evasion" which basically has the same coverage
as OLN but with french commentators. Most cable companies here carry that
channel so if you don't get Oln you can see it on Evasion. I get both on my
cable package.

"Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Jason Spaceman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 21:17:46 -0400, "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> > >"Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Tour
> de

> day
> > >?

> and

> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >What does OLN stand for ?

> > Outdoor Life Network http://www.tsn.ca/oln/

> So OLN is actually TSN on Bell Express Vu ??

OLN is part of the TSN network, along with RDS and ESPN classic. At least
that's how it is in canada.

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 23:05:08 -0400, "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >What does OLN stand for ?

>> Outdoor Life Network http://www.tsn.ca/oln/

>So OLN is actually TSN on Bell Express Vu ??

No, OLN is its own channel, separate from TSN; and it is available on
Express Vu, Rogers Digital, and regular cable as well (channel 58 here
in the Toronto area).

TSN, OLN, CTV, and a few other channels are all part of the
Bell-Globemedia fine family of TV channels. (actually, BGmedia only
owns 33% of OLN according to their website -->
http://www.bellglobemedia.ca/x/?cid=2546 but I digress).

OLN is the neglected child of the family, stuck showing strongman
competitions and re-runs of Lonely Planet during most of the year.
But for one month of every year Lance and friends magically appear on
the screen for several hours per day. Then they all disappear again
near the end of July, never to be seen again until next year. And
then its another 11 months of seeing dudes on 'roids pull 18 wheelers
with a rope, and Ian Wright eating cooked goat's testicles in northern
Finland or some place like that.

J. Spaceman

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 23:32:55 -0400, "Marlene Blanshay"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"occupant" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I had hoped that one of the major sports networks would be carrying it.
>> OLN I believe is the only station (Vancouver, Channel 49) which I don't
>> get. If CBC is only showing one hour's worth a week, it would appear
>> that I won't be seeing it at all. The doping rumours aren't helping to
>> make it a must see.

>Here in Quebec we have "canal evasion" which basically has the same coverage
>as OLN but with french commentators. Most cable companies here carry that
>channel so if you don't get Oln you can see it on Evasion. I get both on my
>cable package.

Canal Evasion is available on Rogers Digital here in the Toronto area
(channel 513 I think), but you have to subscribe to it.

J. Spaceman

"B Paton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
.... snip
> Don't bother subscribing for anything but the tour (unless you really like
> fishing shows). Canadian OLN does not carry any other cycling, unlike
> American OLN which has quite a bit.

That's what I do. Get connected before the tour and cancel after it.
No connect/disconnect charges here in Ottawa so costs about $15 CAD. I
also let TSN and my cable company know that I won't subscribe for a
full year unless OLN carries the classics and other grand tours - Giro
and Vuelta.

Canadian viewers should let their sentiments be known at:

[email protected]

JFJ.

"JFJones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "B Paton" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> ... snip
> > Don't bother subscribing for anything but the tour (unless you really

like
> > fishing shows). Canadian OLN does not carry any other cycling, unlike
> > American OLN which has quite a bit.

> That's what I do. Get connected before the tour and cancel after it.
> No connect/disconnect charges here in Ottawa so costs about $15 CAD. I
> also let TSN and my cable company know that I won't subscribe for a
> full year unless OLN carries the classics and other grand tours - Giro
> and Vuelta.
>
> Canadian viewers should let their sentiments be known at:
>
> [email protected]
>
> JFJ.

Just got OLN ten minutes ago, I am really impressed with the quality of the
coverage, very professional, not cheesy at all !!