Canadian extreme riding!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Shaun Bell, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaun Bell

Shaun Bell Guest

The only good downing Dew now would be to put out the fire. Wonder how the foaming action would work
    with a Martin Mars bomber? I'm not even going to add the obligatory "LOL", this is just plain sad.

http://www.pbase.com/nikondshooter/inbox

What you're looking at is the very last of the trails in the Kelowna area. Looks like I'll be seeing
    a lot more of the Colnalgo this coming season.

Shaun Bell

Tags:

2. Shaun Rimmer

Shaun Rimmer Guest

Shaun Bell <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > The only good downing Dew now would be to put out the fire. Wonder how
    the
    > foaming action would work with a Martin Mars bomber? I'm not even going
    to
    > add the obligatory "LOL", this is just plain sad.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/nikondshooter/inbox
    >
    > What you're looking at is the very last of the trails in the Kelowna area. Looks like I'll be
    > seeing a lot more of the Colnalgo this coming season.
    >
    > Shaun Bell

That sucks ;-(

Hope they get it out soon.

Shaun aRe

3. Penny S

Penny S Guest

Shaun Bell wrote:
    > The only good downing Dew now would be to put out the fire. Wonder how the foaming action would
    > work with a Martin Mars bomber? I'm not even going to add the obligatory "LOL", this is just
    > plain sad.
    >
    >
    > What you're looking at is the very last of the trails in the Kelowna area. Looks like I'll be
    >
    > Shaun Bell

The bike camp that Gabrielle and I were going to go to in Rossland next weekend has been cancelled
    this year due to total forest closures in BC. wah!!!

Penny

4. Bruce Edge

Bruce Edge Guest

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 05:52:02 +0000, Shaun Bell wrote:

> The only good downing Dew now would be to put out the fire. Wonder how the foaming action would
    > work with a Martin Mars bomber? I'm not even going to add the obligatory "LOL", this is just
    > plain sad.
    >
    >
    >
    > Shaun Bell

We've had a bunch of those in SoCal. You know, land of the fires, riots, earthquakes, mud slides...
    The vegetation comes back really fast and before you know it you're complaining about how overgrown
    everything is again. Buy black riding gear, doesn't show the charcoal as much.

-Bruce

5. Bill Wheeler

Bill Wheeler Guest

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 05:52:02 GMT, "Shaun Bell" <[email protected]> wrote:

>The only good downing Dew now would be to put out the fire. Wonder how the foaming action would
    >work with a Martin Mars bomber? I'm not even going to add the obligatory "LOL", this is just
    >plain sad.
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/nikondshooter/inbox
    >
    >What you're looking at is the very last of the trails in the Kelowna area. Looks like I'll be
    >seeing a lot more of the Colnalgo this coming season.
    >
    >Shaun Bell
    >
    Brutal,

Bill

The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
    an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]

6. Slacker

Slacker Guest

> The only good downing Dew now would be to put out the fire. Wonder how
    the
    > foaming action would work with a Martin Mars bomber? I'm not even going
    to
    > add the obligatory "LOL", this is just plain sad.
    >
    >
    >
    > Shaun Bell

Man, that really blows! Did you ever get you rig back together?
    --
    Slacker

7. B Good

B Good Guest

Fire Trestles Destroyed by Fire September 4 - 7:29 pm MINISTRY OF FORESTS PRESS RELEASE - The
    Okanagan Mountain Park fire is estimated to be 22,840 hectares in size. Resources in place include
    650 fire-fighters, 19 helicopters and 197 pieces of heavy equipment.

At a 2:00 PM B.C. Forest Service Operations meeting today the following update was provided.

There has been a significant amount of damage done to the historic Kettle Valley Railway trestles.
    The full extent of the damage is not known at this time due to the dense smoke within the Myra
    Canyon; however we do know that five trestles have been destroyed. Every effort is being made to
    protect this very important piece of British Columbia's heritage.

The complications that are adding to the intense fire behavior are the steep box canyon and the
    considerable amount of fuel, both natural and man-made. These trestles are completely or partially
    made from creosoted timbers, which are like timbers soaked in kerosene. Once these fuels are
    ignited, they are virtually impossible to extinguish. The heavy lift helicopters worked to coat the
    trestles with long term fire retardant this morning. Good progress was made but the effect of those
    efforts remains to be seen. Crews worked to consolidate fire lines by burning off the forest fuels
    between the Kettle Valley right of way and the southern fire front. These operations have been very
    successful today. Full new release
    http://www.castanet.net/firefiles/foresty%20news%20release%20sept%204%207pm. htm

8. Shaun Rimmer

Shaun Rimmer Guest

bruce edge <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 05:52:02 +0000, Shaun Bell wrote:
    >
    > > The only good downing Dew now would be to put out the fire. Wonder how the foaming action would
    > > work with a Martin Mars bomber? I'm not even going to add the obligatory "LOL", this is just
    > > plain sad.
    > >
    > > http://www.pbase.com/nikondshooter/inbox
    > >
    > > What you're looking at is the very last of the trails in the Kelowna
    area.
    > > Looks like I'll be seeing a lot more of the Colnalgo this coming season.
    > >
    > > Shaun Bell
    >
    > We've had a bunch of those in SoCal. You know, land of the fires, riots, earthquakes, mud
    > slides... The vegetation comes back really fast and before you know it you're complaining about
    > how overgrown everything is again. Buy black riding gear, doesn't show the charcoal as much.

But assuming this trail is typical of those Shaun rides - the elevated boardways, ladders, ramps,
    teeters etc. aren't gona grow back, are they?

Shaun aRe

9. Bruce Edge

Bruce Edge Guest

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:58:36 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

>
    > bruce edge <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    >> On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 05:52:02 +0000, Shaun Bell wrote:
    >>
    >> > The only good downing Dew now would be to put out the fire. Wonder how the foaming action would
    >> > work with a Martin Mars bomber? I'm not even going to add the obligatory "LOL", this is just
    >> > plain sad.
    >> >
    >> > http://www.pbase.com/nikondshooter/inbox
    >> >
    >> > What you're looking at is the very last of the trails in the Kelowna
    > area.
    >> > Looks like I'll be seeing a lot more of the Colnalgo this coming season.
    >> >
    >> > Shaun Bell
    >>
    >> We've had a bunch of those in SoCal. You know, land of the fires, riots, earthquakes, mud
    >> slides... The vegetation comes back really fast and before you know it you're complaining about
    >> how overgrown everything is again. Buy black riding gear, doesn't show the charcoal as much.
    >
    > But assuming this trail is typical of those Shaun rides - the elevated boardways, ladders, ramps,
    > teeters etc. aren't gona grow back, are they?
    >
    >
    > Shaun aRe

Egads, I totally forgot about that. Man that sucks. That's a lot of work lost forever.

-Bruce

10. Shaun Bell

Shaun Bell Guest

"Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

> Man, that really blows! Did you ever get you rig back together?
    > --
    > Slacker

Nope, GT (Pacific) said they would sell me one if I'm lucky. What a bunch of wankers! Oh well, the
    trials are either burnt or off limits because of extreme fire hazard. I wish GT all the luck in the
    future (burn in hell) LOL!

Shaun Bell

11. Slacker

Slacker Guest

> > Did you ever get you rig back together?
    > > --
    > > Slacker
    >
    > Nope, GT (Pacific) said they would sell me one if I'm lucky. What a bunch of wankers! Oh well, the
    > trials are either burnt or off limits because of extreme fire hazard. I wish GT all the luck in
    > the future (burn in hell) LOL!
    >
    > Shaun Bell

ROTFL....another satisfied GT customer.
    --
    Slacker

12. Shaun Rimmer

Shaun Rimmer Guest

bruce edge <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:58:36 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > >
    > > bruce edge <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:p[email protected]...
    > >> On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 05:52:02 +0000, Shaun Bell wrote:
    > >>
    > >> > The only good downing Dew now would be to put out the fire. Wonder how the foaming action
    > >> > would work with a Martin Mars bomber? I'm not even going to add the obligatory "LOL", this is
    > >> > just plain sad.
    > >> >
    > >> > http://www.pbase.com/nikondshooter/inbox
    > >> >
    > >> > What you're looking at is the very last of the trails in the Kelowna
    > > area.
    > >> > Looks like I'll be seeing a lot more of the Colnalgo this coming season.
    > >> >
    > >> > Shaun Bell
    > >>
    > >> We've had a bunch of those in SoCal. You know, land of the fires,
    riots,
    > >> earthquakes, mud slides... The vegetation comes back really fast and before you know it you're
    > >> complaining about how overgrown everything is again. Buy black riding gear, doesn't show the
    > >> charcoal as much.
    > >
    > > But assuming this trail is typical of those Shaun rides - the elevated boardways, ladders,
    > > ramps, teeters etc. aren't gona grow back, are they?
    > >
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe
    >
    > Egads, I totally forgot about that.

Thought you mighta done ',;~}~

> Man that sucks. That's a lot of work lost forever.

No shit ;-(

Shaun aRe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.