Canadian extreme riding!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Shaun Bell, Sep 3, 2003.

  1. Shaun Bell

    Shaun Bell Guest

    The only good downing Dew now would be to put out the fire. Wonder how the foaming action would work
    with a Martin Mars bomber? I'm not even going to add the obligatory "LOL", this is just plain sad.

    http://www.pbase.com/nikondshooter/inbox

    What you're looking at is the very last of the trails in the Kelowna area. Looks like I'll be seeing
    a lot more of the Colnalgo this coming season.

    Shaun Bell

    Tags:

  2. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Shaun Bell <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > The only good downing Dew now would be to put out the fire. Wonder how
    the
    > foaming action would work with a Martin Mars bomber? I'm not even going
    > add the obligatory "LOL", this is just plain sad.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/nikondshooter/inbox
    >
    > What you're looking at is the very last of the trails in the Kelowna area. Looks like I'll be
    > seeing a lot more of the Colnalgo this coming season.
    >
    > Shaun Bell

    That sucks ;-(

    Hope they get it out soon.

    Shaun aRe

  3. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    Shaun Bell wrote:
    > The only good downing Dew now would be to put out the fire. Wonder how the foaming action would
    > work with a Martin Mars bomber? I'm not even going to add the obligatory "LOL", this is just
    > plain sad.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/nikondshooter/inbox
    >
    > What you're looking at is the very last of the trails in the Kelowna area. Looks like I'll be
    > seeing a lot more of the Colnalgo this coming season.
    >
    > Shaun Bell

    The bike camp that Gabrielle and I were going to go to in Rossland next weekend has been cancelled
    this year due to total forest closures in BC. wah!!!

    Penny

  4. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 05:52:02 +0000, Shaun Bell wrote:

    > The only good downing Dew now would be to put out the fire. Wonder how the foaming action would
    > work with a Martin Mars bomber? I'm not even going to add the obligatory "LOL", this is just
    > plain sad.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/nikondshooter/inbox
    >
    > What you're looking at is the very last of the trails in the Kelowna area. Looks like I'll be
    > seeing a lot more of the Colnalgo this coming season.
    >
    > Shaun Bell

    We've had a bunch of those in SoCal. You know, land of the fires, riots, earthquakes, mud slides...
    The vegetation comes back really fast and before you know it you're complaining about how overgrown
    everything is again. Buy black riding gear, doesn't show the charcoal as much.

    -Bruce

  5. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 05:52:02 GMT, "Shaun Bell" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The only good downing Dew now would be to put out the fire. Wonder how the foaming action would
    >work with a Martin Mars bomber? I'm not even going to add the obligatory "LOL", this is just
    >plain sad.
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/nikondshooter/inbox
    >
    >What you're looking at is the very last of the trails in the Kelowna area. Looks like I'll be
    >seeing a lot more of the Colnalgo this coming season.
    >
    >Shaun Bell

    Brutal,

    Bill

    :-]

  6. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > The only good downing Dew now would be to put out the fire. Wonder how
    the
    > foaming action would work with a Martin Mars bomber? I'm not even going
    > add the obligatory "LOL", this is just plain sad.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/nikondshooter/inbox
    >
    > What you're looking at is the very last of the trails in the Kelowna area. Looks like I'll be
    > seeing a lot more of the Colnalgo this coming season.
    >
    > Shaun Bell

    Man, that really blows! Did you ever get you rig back together?
    --
    Slacker

  7. B Good

    B Good Guest

    Fire Trestles Destroyed by Fire September 4 - 7:29 pm MINISTRY OF FORESTS PRESS RELEASE - The
    Okanagan Mountain Park fire is estimated to be 22,840 hectares in size. Resources in place include
    650 fire-fighters, 19 helicopters and 197 pieces of heavy equipment.

    At a 2:00 PM B.C. Forest Service Operations meeting today the following update was provided.

    There has been a significant amount of damage done to the historic Kettle Valley Railway trestles.
    The full extent of the damage is not known at this time due to the dense smoke within the Myra
    Canyon; however we do know that five trestles have been destroyed. Every effort is being made to
    protect this very important piece of British Columbia's heritage.

    The complications that are adding to the intense fire behavior are the steep box canyon and the
    considerable amount of fuel, both natural and man-made. These trestles are completely or partially
    made from creosoted timbers, which are like timbers soaked in kerosene. Once these fuels are
    ignited, they are virtually impossible to extinguish. The heavy lift helicopters worked to coat the
    trestles with long term fire retardant this morning. Good progress was made but the effect of those
    efforts remains to be seen. Crews worked to consolidate fire lines by burning off the forest fuels
    between the Kettle Valley right of way and the southern fire front. These operations have been very
    successful today. Full new release
    http://www.castanet.net/firefiles/foresty%20news%20release%20sept%204%207pm. htm

  8. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    bruce edge <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 05:52:02 +0000, Shaun Bell wrote:
    >
    > > The only good downing Dew now would be to put out the fire. Wonder how the foaming action would
    > > work with a Martin Mars bomber? I'm not even going to add the obligatory "LOL", this is just
    > > plain sad.
    > >
    > > http://www.pbase.com/nikondshooter/inbox
    > >
    > > What you're looking at is the very last of the trails in the Kelowna
    area.
    > > Looks like I'll be seeing a lot more of the Colnalgo this coming season.
    > >
    > > Shaun Bell
    >
    > We've had a bunch of those in SoCal. You know, land of the fires, riots, earthquakes, mud
    > slides... The vegetation comes back really fast and before you know it you're complaining about
    > how overgrown everything is again. Buy black riding gear, doesn't show the charcoal as much.

    But assuming this trail is typical of those Shaun rides - the elevated boardways, ladders, ramps,
    teeters etc. aren't gona grow back, are they?

    Shaun aRe

  9. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:58:36 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    > bruce edge <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    >> On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 05:52:02 +0000, Shaun Bell wrote:
    >>
    >> > The only good downing Dew now would be to put out the fire. Wonder how the foaming action would
    >> > work with a Martin Mars bomber? I'm not even going to add the obligatory "LOL", this is just
    >> > plain sad.
    >> >
    >> > http://www.pbase.com/nikondshooter/inbox
    >> >
    >> > What you're looking at is the very last of the trails in the Kelowna
    > area.
    >> > Looks like I'll be seeing a lot more of the Colnalgo this coming season.
    >> >
    >> > Shaun Bell
    >>
    >> We've had a bunch of those in SoCal. You know, land of the fires, riots, earthquakes, mud
    >> slides... The vegetation comes back really fast and before you know it you're complaining about
    >> how overgrown everything is again. Buy black riding gear, doesn't show the charcoal as much.
    >
    > But assuming this trail is typical of those Shaun rides - the elevated boardways, ladders, ramps,
    > teeters etc. aren't gona grow back, are they?
    >

    > Shaun aRe

    Egads, I totally forgot about that. Man that sucks. That's a lot of work lost forever.

    -Bruce

  10. Shaun Bell

    Shaun Bell Guest

    > Man, that really blows! Did you ever get you rig back together?
    > --
    > Slacker

    Nope, GT (Pacific) said they would sell me one if I'm lucky. What a bunch of wankers! Oh well, the
    trials are either burnt or off limits because of extreme fire hazard. I wish GT all the luck in the
    future (burn in hell) LOL!

    Shaun Bell

  11. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > > Did you ever get you rig back together?
    > > --
    > > Slacker
    >
    > Nope, GT (Pacific) said they would sell me one if I'm lucky. What a bunch of wankers! Oh well, the
    > trials are either burnt or off limits because of extreme fire hazard. I wish GT all the luck in
    > the future (burn in hell) LOL!
    >
    > Shaun Bell

    ROTFL....another satisfied GT customer.
    --
    Slacker

  12. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    bruce edge <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:58:36 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >

    > > bruce edge <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:p[email protected]...

    > > area.

    > >> We've had a bunch of those in SoCal. You know, land of the fires,
    riots,
    > >> earthquakes, mud slides... The vegetation comes back really fast and before you know it you're
    > >> complaining about how overgrown everything is again. Buy black riding gear, doesn't show the
    > >> charcoal as much.
    > >
    > > But assuming this trail is typical of those Shaun rides - the elevated boardways, ladders,
    > > ramps, teeters etc. aren't gona grow back, are they?
    > >

    > > Shaun aRe
    >
    > Egads, I totally forgot about that.

    Thought you mighta done ',;~}~

    > Man that sucks. That's a lot of work lost forever.

    No shit ;-(

    Shaun aRe