CANADIANS!!! Can't handle rock gardens!!

LIBERATOR wrote:
> http://www.mtbkanata.ca/pp/data/651/13The_Descent_250K.wmv
>
> OMG, 1/4 of the riders are getting off their bikes at the top of this
> rock garden which is moderate in severity, and they're walking to a
> point where they can ride. I can't believe it, it made me think of
> Ride-A-Lot...

I was too lenient, this rock garden isn't moderate, it's EASY. No one
should be walking their bike on this.

LIBERATOR wrote:
> http://www.mtbkanata.ca/pp/data/651/13The_Descent_250K.wmv
>
> OMG, 1/4 of the riders are getting off their bikes at the top of this
> rock garden which is moderate in severity, and they're walking to a
> point where they can ride. I can't believe it, it made me think of
> Ride-A-Lot...

Obviosly you're getting people on BSO's there....I know plenty of
Canucks who can handle a heck of a lot worse. Let's try not to insult
other countries in your petty little attack on Ride-A-Lot, eh!

Psycho Mike

"LIBERATOR" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://www.mtbkanata.ca/pp/data/651/13The_Descent_250K.wmv
>
> OMG, 1/4 of the riders are getting off their bikes at the top of this
> rock garden which is moderate in severity, and they're walking to a
> point where they can ride. I can't believe it, it made me think of
> Ride-A-Lot...

Are you saying Canadians can't ride? That's a little personal lol! I can
go anywhere and find people that can't ride, Canada and the US. Wonder if
you'd walk any of the trails we ride here in Kelowna? Nothing scary here...

Shaun Bell (Mtndewd)

Michael Halliwell wrote:
> LIBERATOR wrote:
> > http://www.mtbkanata.ca/pp/data/651/13The_Descent_250K.wmv
> >
> > OMG, 1/4 of the riders are getting off their bikes at the top of this
> > rock garden which is moderate in severity, and they're walking to a
> > point where they can ride. I can't believe it, it made me think of
> > Ride-A-Lot...
> >

> Obviosly you're getting people on BSO's there....I know plenty of
> Canucks who can handle a heck of a lot worse. Let's try not to insult
> other countries in your petty little attack on Ride-A-Lot, eh!
>
> Psycho Mike

Hey man, you saw the video, many of those Canadians were getting off
their bikes for terrain that was easy. Petty little attack on
Ride-A-Lot? Are you one of Virginia Newbons friends, are you spoofing?
How can you say such a thing, when he has not done anything that
requires a mountain-bike? You say you've done more difficult stuff than
what's in the video, yet you're protecting a guy who can't even do what
was shown in the videos? C'mon man, be serious, Ride-A-Lot is
Chicken-A-Lot.

Shaun Bell wrote:
> "LIBERATOR" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > http://www.mtbkanata.ca/pp/data/651/13The_Descent_250K.wmv
> >
> > OMG, 1/4 of the riders are getting off their bikes at the top of this
> > rock garden which is moderate in severity, and they're walking to a
> > point where they can ride. I can't believe it, it made me think of
> > Ride-A-Lot...

> Are you saying Canadians can't ride? That's a little personal lol! I can
> go anywhere and find people that can't ride, Canada and the US. Wonder if
> you'd walk any of the trails we ride here in Kelowna? Nothing scary here...
>
> Shaun Bell (Mtndewd)

Point taken, but did you see how many got off their bikes, and walked
down a part that was easy and not threatening? C'mon man, that was
pretty lucid lameness.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Shaun Bell wrote:
>> "LIBERATOR" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > http://www.mtbkanata.ca/pp/data/651/13The_Descent_250K.wmv
>> >
>> > OMG, 1/4 of the riders are getting off their bikes at the top of this
>> > rock garden which is moderate in severity, and they're walking to a
>> > point where they can ride. I can't believe it, it made me think of
>> > Ride-A-Lot...

>> Are you saying Canadians can't ride? That's a little personal lol! I
>> can
>> go anywhere and find people that can't ride, Canada and the US. Wonder
>> if
>> you'd walk any of the trails we ride here in Kelowna? Nothing scary
>> here...
>>
>> Shaun Bell (Mtndewd)

> Point taken, but did you see how many got off their bikes, and walked
> down a part that was easy and not threatening? C'mon man, that was
> pretty lucid lameness.

Just saying there's lame riders everywhere. I was kidding about nothing
scary here. Some trails you either ride or pull you reserve chute. Walking
isn't an option lol! BTW, you don't have to ride through those rock
gardens. There's always the "huck" option. Much smoother except for the
last bump.

SB

[email protected] wrote:
> Michael Halliwell wrote:
>
>>LIBERATOR wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.mtbkanata.ca/pp/data/651/13The_Descent_250K.wmv
>>>
>>>OMG, 1/4 of the riders are getting off their bikes at the top of this
>>>rock garden which is moderate in severity, and they're walking to a
>>>point where they can ride. I can't believe it, it made me think of
>>>Ride-A-Lot...
>>>

>>Obviosly you're getting people on BSO's there....I know plenty of
>>Canucks who can handle a heck of a lot worse. Let's try not to insult
>>other countries in your petty little attack on Ride-A-Lot, eh!
>>
>>Psycho Mike

> Hey man, you saw the video, many of those Canadians were getting off
> their bikes for terrain that was easy. Petty little attack on
> Ride-A-Lot? Are you one of Virginia Newbons friends, are you spoofing?
> How can you say such a thing, when he has not done anything that
> requires a mountain-bike? You say you've done more difficult stuff than
> what's in the video, yet you're protecting a guy who can't even do what
> was shown in the videos? C'mon man, be serious, Ride-A-Lot is
> Chicken-A-Lot.

All I'm saying is "Give it a break"....flame wars don't do anybody any
good and you're roasting pretty hard. Sure, Ride-A-Lot roasted you a
couple times, who cares! That's who he is...too bad you're petty enough
to see it as a gauntlet and start a flame war over it.

Personally, I don't care if your video shows 100 canadians getting off
their bikes and walking it....I can find 100 americans, brits or
whatever and find them terrain that'd get the same reaction...My point
is don't say "Canadians!! Can't handle rock gardens!!" because you're
insulting a whole country and I know a hell of a lot of canadians up
here who would think nothing of those rock gardens...

Besides, I saw the video and I saw a lot of guys on hard tails walking
it...but I also noted that you didn't say "Hardtailers!!! Can't handle
rock gardens!!"

end of momentary rant...

Psyco Mike